Any ladies with Nexplanon implant?

Options
Hi! I had the contraceptive implant inserted 2 weeks ago and I'm concerned about the weight gain. I have been very strict with my diet and exercise routine during the two week period and I am gaining weight!!! I don't really know what to do. I want to give this form of birth control a chance and leave it in for at least a couple months but I don't want to gain a huge amount of weight.

Anyone with Nexplanon have this problem? Should I consider having it removed or wait it out a little longer and see what happens? Thanks!

Replies

• rberry5691
    rberry5691 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • shariyahinton
    shariyahinton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm getting mine removed July 11. I've had it in for almost 9 months and gained 30 pounds within the first 3 months. I have been trying to lose it for the last 2 months and can't seem to lose more than 5 pounds
  • shariyahinton
    shariyahinton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know 3 people who gained weight with it but dropped an average of 15 pounds the first week they got it removed
  • rberry5691
    rberry5691 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third implant (so 7ish years) and have gained no weight with it. So perhaps it effects people differently.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It takes a while for your hormones to level out and get your appetite and water weight settled. 2 weeks isn't going to cut it. Give it at least a few months. That should be enough to know how it will affect you long-term. Your doctor will probably tell you these things can take a while to settle down.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for nearly 3 years. I did gain weight after but I'm pretty sure I can attribute that to my all pizza, chipotle, and spaghetti diet.

I started losing weight in February and I've had no problems. However, my TOM is so irregular. I'm not getting this implant again.
  • MJade63
    MJade63 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The implant increases your appetite which in turn can make you eat more and wipe out your deficit..