BEST Concert You've Been To?

Options

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    "Jesus Christ Superstar," the rock opera, with the (mostly) original cast.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Chris Isaac for my 16th birthday. The people in front of us knew the saxophone player so him and Chris came up and performed a song right there. It was amazing.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I'd say the best one that I can remember is Rod Stewart...DONT LAFF!!!! What a performer he was!! This was maybe 1981ish...David Bowie was right up there too...the best concert that I CAN'T remember would have to be Motley Crue, who was fronted by Platinum Blonde. Last thing I remember is sitting in the stall, watching tight, lycra everywhere from under the stall door.....
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    there are local bands in colorado that were probably my favorite shows ever. just great performers

i saw radiohead in 2001 at red rocks and that was probably the best big show but at least a dozen smaller venue shows were more fun

I would say that any show at Red Rocks is AMAZING. We are going to Reggae on Rocks 8/27. CANNOT WAIT.
  • Ginger_28
    Ginger_28 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lionel Richie....yeah, laugh it up. :o
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Alestorm - PirateFest. Had to walk about a mile in the snow to get there because of parking. Totally worth it. \m/
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eminem and Limp Biscuit
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Godsmack was pretty awesome in concert.
  • _jamesb55
    _jamesb55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    Garth Brooks last year...his music may be cliché...but he and his other performers go all out live.

Completely agree!!! I've been to so many concerts and his was hands down the best!!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    DMB at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Pelham, AL. It was a great show and they covered Sledgehammer during the encore. I left with a contact high and great memories.
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh my....what a tough question. I think Cypress Hill at the Metro in 03. The venue is so small and the music was on fire! Oh, and DMB at Alpine Valley and the Muse in Atlanta were great shows too. I love music :smile:
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a long standing date to see DMB every few years. They're always my favorite live. Two that stand out as greats were ones I went to to see other acts and ended up loving them - Kenny Chesney and Counting Crows.
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Staind was headlining and Seether and Papa Roach was there. I highly recommend seeing Aaron Lewis live, he is absolutely amazing to hear sing.
  • precious_cargo
    precious_cargo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    definitely Kid Rock
  • xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Rise Against, back in 2011 - without a doubt.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

guns_rear.JPG

I saw that Metallica/Guns tour at the Super Dome in New Orleans that year. I was real pumped for it, but Faith No More was lame (the keyboard player passed out during their first song and they carried him off stage). Metallica kicked *kitten*, so I thought it was going to finish strong, but Guns-n-Roses sounded like *kitten*...like they forgot how to play, and Alex's singing was horrible. We ended up leaving (like many people at that show) by their fourth song.

• jnichel
    Options
    Ginger_28 wrote: »
    Lionel Richie....yeah, laugh it up. :o

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    U2 - any from the October tour in 1982 on...yes, I have been to a few.

The other one that may surprise people is Jimmy Buffet. Very fun and inclusive and it was clear how much Jimmy just loved what he was doing, entertaining the crowd!
  • jnichel
    Options
    Hands down, 1981 at the Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans, Rush for the Moving Pictures tour. My first concert and my favorite band (also Max Webster opened).

Honorable Mention: 16 July 2012, Iron Maiden w/ Alice Cooper. Almost any concert I've been too could be an honorable mention, but this one gets the nod because it was my youngest son's first concert. The little metal head was 6 at the time...

eprg0zbzmddq.jpg

Worst concert? Easy, Loverboy with the Hooters in January of 1986 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum. I was trying to get into the pants of the girl I took. Didn't get laid and the concert was worse than expected (and I expected it to be bad)
  • Captain1118
    Captain1118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Halestorm in Baltimore last year. The show was amazing and Lzzy Hale is an awesome singer and guitarist.