Alcohol and fitness?

Options
chevysmommy41
chevysmommy41 Posts: 30 Member
I'm not a huge drinker (maybe a beer or two on the weekends) but I'm curious what your drink of choice is!!

I'm a bud light or Busch kind of girl!

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Wine please. Although a nice cold lite beer after skating in the summer, or winter really hits the spot
  • chevysmommy41
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Wine please. Although a nice cold lite beer after skating in the summer, or winter really hits the spot

I've honestly never had wine in my life! I was raised in the backwoods where all the girls drink beer and chew Copenhagen (seriously it's *kitten* gross!!!!) lol I need to broaden my horizons and buy some to try!
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Preferred drink is a belgian ale, hefeweizen, or a stout.................but due to diet reasons, I stick to scotch
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    You need to explore the craft world but I'm not one to talk since I'm the cheapest *kitten* on the block with my Natty Ice
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, barrel aged barley wines (preferably english) are amazing as well on winter days. Barrel Aged anything is quite good. lol And Nitro scotch ales. Too many beers I like. Need to go drink more scotch now
  • chevysmommy41
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    You need to explore the craft world but I'm not one to talk since I'm the cheapest *kitten* on the block with my Natty Ice

I actually have tried a couple craft beers! Of course that's normally only when I have money to blow which is a rare occasion
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depends...It's summer so right now I enjoy drinking a few cold beers after work on the patio...it's hot so I'm drinking stuff like Dos XX with some lime. If I want to party I'll throw in some tequila shots. I also like a variety of vodka cocktails. I'm not much of a wine drinker in the summer save for some white sangria or a rose...that would usually be a Sunday afternoon kind of thing.

In the winter I like IPAs and drink more bourbon. I drink a lot more craft beers in the winter in general because they tend to be heavier and I just can't handle that *kitten* in the heat.

As red wine goes, I occasionally have a glass with a meal...usually for a social occasion with friends or family, but not something I drink routinely at home.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i tried a strawberry beer which was good (fruli)
    black butte porter is good
    stella artois beer or cider
    i like leinie's berry weiss or summer shandy
    i like a good gin and tonic
    though i recently discovered the italian soda-chambord, lime juice and selzter....so now i'm going to try different flavor vodkas with seltzer: peach, raspberry, blueberry, watermelon, etc-peach melba sounds good too-chambord, peach schnapps and seltzer
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink but when I do seltzer water with wine ( a wine spritzer).
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Glass of Scotch
    1/2 bottle of wine
    12 oz craft beer

On the weekends add more beer.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Gin and soda water
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Beer mostly, Budlight to heavy ales or IPAs. Couple in the evenings a few times a week. More on weekends.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Captain Morgan is my go to beverage, but I do enjoy me an ice cold corona lite or a Margarita in the summer time, except tequila and I seem to not be getting along much lately :disappointed:
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »

I actually have tried a couple craft beers! Of course that's normally only when I have money to blow which is a rare occasion

Same

If they have something at a bar or restaurant I never tried before I'll do that
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Wine. So much wine.

I used to be into dark craft beers, maybe vodka + diet coke from time to time. Then I discovered good-quality wine (not the $6 bottles on the bottom shelf of the grocery store...unfortunate for my budget, really) and rarely drink any other kind of alcohol now.

Wine is also my lowest calorie-per-hour option. I can nurse a glass of wine a lot longer than a beer or a vodka soda, so I end up drinking less over the course of an evening.
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Vodka or strong cider.
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I go for the Redds Apple Ale, It tastes good and it's stronger than beer.
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I rarely drink but when I do it's usually a binge :neutral: . I like spirits, whiskey, vodka, rum, gin, pimms.

Saaame I've banked some calories and am eating light because tonight I'm going to my favorite $10 all you can drink club where I WI be ordering vodka waters (and logging each and every one of them!)