Macro diet

Options
L0nda87
L0nda87 Posts: 7 Member
Any suggestions on building muscle while butning fat without effecting my muscles?

Replies

• btrias24
    btrias24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do HIIT cardio for 15mins there's alot in youtube. And as for the diet i did 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat. It works for me anyways loosing fat% but gaining mass
  • L0nda87
    Options
    Oh ok i never tried that on protein, carbs and fat. I do hiit cardio twice a week and heavy weights 3x a week. Ill try that thanks.
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of success lately trying to get most of my carbs in before and after my workouts. This has really helped me maintain/build muscle while losing fat. I'm doing 50% protein this cutting cycle and it's really helped.
  • L0nda87
    Options
    With protien like that did you ever feel tired or weak with no enough carbs? I feel like that when I eat more protein.
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, I get a tiny bit little light headed at times but I'm also very sensitive to carbs so it's what works. My biggest concern right now is making sure I get my 200+ grams of protein because when losing I want to do everything possible to keep my size and strength and just lose fat. 1 gram of protein for my lean body mass puts me right at 50%.
  • mmohr50
    mmohr50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try taking in 1 gram of protein for every kilogram of body weight (divide weight by 2.2) that's a good place to start with protein... Stay away from carbs in the evening!
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a workout routine in place. Pick your calorie intake based on weight goal then try and around a 20-25% fats (focus on the healthy fats), 50% carbs about, and rest protein.
  • L0nda87
    Options
    coleg04 wrote: »
    Yes, I get a tiny bit little light headed at times but I'm also very sensitive to carbs so it's what works. My biggest concern right now is making sure I get my 200+ grams of protein because when losing I want to do everything possible to keep my size and strength and just lose fat. 1 gram of protein for my lean body mass puts me right at 50%.

Thats what i want to do, I want to keep my size and not lose my muscle. Its hard to be away from carbs, because I get bad headache. I have no energy to do other. I usually stay un bed until i consume carbs pass my macro.
  • L0nda87
    Options
    mmohr50 wrote: »
    Try taking in 1 gram of protein for every kilogram of body weight (divide weight by 2.2) that's a good place to start with protein... Stay away from carbs in the evening!

I already do consume more protien. So not having much carbs is good when i lift very heavy?
  • L0nda87
    Options
    Wuhbye wrote: »
    Sounds like you have a workout routine in place. Pick your calorie intake based on weight goal then try and around a 20-25% fats (focus on the healthy fats), 50% carbs about, and rest protein.

☺ i do focus on healthy fat i usually like to eat peanut butter or avocado.
  • Stronger4_life
    Stronger4_life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do the 40/40/20 also - it WORKS!! To get all of the protein I need which is close to 150-160g/per day, I'm drinking 3 protein shakes along with 3 meals. 1 post-workout (Whey protein), mid-afternoon shake (Whey protein) w/frozen fruit blended or with all-natural, no sugar PB, and a Casein Protein shake before bed. Just started tracking macros and following this plan about 2 months and it's amazing how my body is changing! I work out pretty aggressively 5-6/days a week.
  • L0nda87
    Options
    Oh really? Yeah ill most definitely try it than. Im hearing so much from 40/40/20. Cant wait.