Dumped by my Boyfriend

Options
I just got dumped by my boyfriend (literally JUST, uh like maybe half a hour ago), its almost 3am and I'm pulling my hair out about not sleeping and really wanting to go downstairs and chow down on the bags of Almond Joy Pieces and Dark Chocolate Pieces in the fridge. I want to walk but it's too late and I want to run but I can't move. What do I do, I'm trying to not be upset and want to do nothing and eat but it's kind of hard when the only one up with me was my cat and now she's pretty much rolled on her back snoring.

Replies

• chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    almost 3am?? we are on the same coast. i say just give yourself this time. get it all out and before the sun comes up.:flowerforyou:
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this but you did say stairs? if it were me id go down stairs have a glass of water do a run up the stairs walk down walk up down up down etc wear yourself out :(
    Things will get better but DONT TOUCH THE FOOD
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That sux.. im sorry to hear that! i would look at it as motivation oddly enough. I would want tp puch my self harder so that way the next time he sees me he would say " Damn... i made a huge mistake!!" Chin up... Yeah it hurts now but there are plenty of other fish in the sea but only one of you! Let him go.... not youself :0) im up if you wanna chat :0)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :frown:
    im sorry to hear that. Id be gentle on yourself, and go and have a bit of chocolate if it will make you feel better, or go and make yourself a hot chocolate drink and bring it back to bed and try and rest even if you dont sleep.
  • kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You'll be okay. Just keep in mind that eating a ****load of food won't make anything better. Just go to sleep. It's his loss, screw him! Don't let some guy mess up your weight loss plan. Cheer up, honey.
  • lauramae81
    lauramae81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Take a long bath, candles, bubbles if you like them(I'm not a fan). Cry if you need to cry, scream into a pillow. It's ok to allow yourself to feel, you don't need to drown the pain in the candy, it will only make you feel worse in the end.
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree with the stairs idea or if you have work out videos do those to tire your self out.. If you need someone to talk to just let me know im at work and its 2am so i can get pretty bored
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound cliche, but you're 20 years old. He did you a favour. You can now play the field, trying on a bunch of dates for size. See what fits. Cause honey, if he's not bowing at your feet, thinking you are the best thing that every happened to him, he's not Mr. Right. Now, you're free to find that. In the meantime, heal your heart with good food and exercise and time. And if you're still upset in a few weeks, remember being happy and hot is the best revenge! Use this to motivate yourself, not fall off the wagon!!!!!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound cliche, but you're 20 years old. He did you a favour. You can now play the field, trying on a bunch of dates for size. See what fits. Cause honey, if he's not bowing at your feet, thinking you are the best thing that every happened to him, he's not Mr. Right. Now, you're free to find that. In the meantime, heal your heart with good food and exercise and time. And if you're still upset in a few weeks, remember being happy and hot is the best revenge! Use this to motivate yourself, not fall off the wagon!!!!!

Best advice ever. I'm so sorry to read this, but don't let it push you off track. Hugs xx
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    {{HUGS}} Losing someone is hard, but revenge is sweet. Emotional eating will only hurt you, not him. Run up and down those stairs a few times, have some water or green tea, and get back in bed. Then think about how hot you'll look the next time he sees you because you chose not to drown your sorrows in food.
  • DesertMirage
    DesertMirage Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys. I think I'm going to go run up and down the stairs a few times to try and wear myself out. I just have this weird thing when I get nervous or upset I can't sleep. Hardcore can't sleep. I think I was up for a week once. My sadness is half anger, but I don't WANT to be angry at him. I'm turning this anger into motivation, by the time I see him next I'm gonna be a bombshell and he is going to kick himself hard! And i'd love to chat.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im similar with sleep, any stress and it just doesnt happen. at all.

Do you have any sleeping pills you could try?
  • nmescalera
    Options
    Thats exxactly how you should think!! so that way when he sees you and is drooling.... you can say.... "oh im sorry.....NO!" lol and walk away..... trust me it feels soooooo good! lol
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    I think I love you? And not just for the Jessica Rabbit photo you have (I sign my employee meals Jessica Rabbit), but the wonderful advice. :smile:
  • PinkZeppelin
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys. I think I'm going to go run up and down the stairs a few times to try and wear myself out. I just have this weird thing when I get nervous or upset I can't sleep. Hardcore can't sleep. I think I was up for a week once. My sadness is half anger, but I don't WANT to be angry at him. I'm turning this anger into motivation, by the time I see him next I'm gonna be a bombshell and he is going to kick himself hard! And i'd love to chat.

I wish this was Facebook so I could "Like" that comment.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ugh that really sucks - stairs or a workout dvd (or some video games!) is what I would do.
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Eh I have melatonin but I hate taking anything for it. I figure it's my bodies weird way of dealing. Eventually it evens out, but for a day or so I can expect no sleep definitely. I guess it depends on how I channel everything.
    im similar with sleep, any stress and it just doesnt happen. at all.

Do you have any sleeping pills you could try?
  • nmescalera
    Options
    ok sorry totally off subject.....but your ticker looks like your kitty is licking the fishy! lol made me smile.... :0)
  • kelsiehoagland
    kelsiehoagland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ok sorry totally off subject.....but your ticker looks like your kitty is licking the fishy! lol made me smile.... :0)

That's exactly what I thought. So adorable. Go snuggle that cute baby kitty, it'll make you feel better :)
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that :/ I say, drink a beer.. try to relax... go to bed and when you wake up go and workout!! It will make you feel better! ♥♥