What do you miss?

Options

Replies

• chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I miss the ignorance, ignorance is truly bliss! But I enjoy the positive changes I've gone through more than I enjoyed stuffing my face with fast food 3+ times a week and drinking every weekend... I still do some of both just not as frequently, and with more control when I do. :)
  • reinventingjessica11
    reinventingjessica11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything because I haven't given anything up. I do however at times miss just eating without weighing, measuring and tracking. I can deal with it though. I don't miss being 270 pounds so it's all worth it.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    I don't really miss anything. The only difference from 52lbs ago is the portion size, and that came with feeling terrible, acid reflux, and poor health. I still eat everything I love...just reasonable portions of it.

Me too. There are some days that I say, "I can't have that today," but it's just making choices about which indulgence I'll have today. I don't miss anything because I haven't given anything up.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't miss my old body.. that's for sure.. I really did not cut anything out and if I did, I put it back in that is recipe for disaster to bring such restriction upon yourself.. it did me..

I ate huge mexican dinner last Friday with fried ice cream.. to say the least.. and I am gonna celebrate this weekend a bday and 4th of july.. so nothing has changed but my mind set.. how I approach things and make different decisions.

I don't miss being ignorant either.. I am as shamed that I did not learn sooner .. but missing that past, not a bit..
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I haven't cut any foods out and am nearly 90lbs down.
    Heh.
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Saturday night mindless snacking. I mean, it was mostly boredom after a few handfuls of things but it was nice to mindlessly eat now and again. I will probably do a bit of it when I get to maintenance, aware of the need to balance it out the rest of the week but yeah, that spontaneous going to the supermarket and getting a bunch of yummies for a night in without worrying how much I was eating.

But I like not being fat, or at least less fat, more.

YES. I am happy with the choices that I've made, but I do miss just eating because I enjoyed the flavor of something, and eating just random amounts until I was tired of eating it. I've never really been a binge eater, or a "sit down and eat this whole bag of chips" kind of girl, but I would open a package and eat maybe half of it while reading or watching TV. I could never go back to that now, even if I stopped caring about my health and weight. I'd still be seeing all the calories as I ate...
  • liialii
    liialii Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything to be honest, I still eat all my favourite stuff only in moderation.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I enjoy what I've enjoyed before, albeit less of some of it. I've found what I enjoy that is "free" or at least "freer" calorie wise and enjoy those things more and enjoy less of those calorie heavy goodies. I still have them, just not a much.. I want for nothing. I miss nothing. I enjoy what I want to enjoy within the constraints of CICO. If I were missing things, I probably wouldn't be able to keep it up.

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I miss reading on my porch after work or having time to cook a more elaborate meal, but going for a run or to a class instead isn't so bad.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bagels with cream cheese, blueberry/banana nut muffins, pizza and chinese food. Now, I make a much healthier version of the pizza and chinese food. I have managed to live without the others in my diet.
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I miss eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. :-)
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't really miss anything, as I haven't cut anything out of my diet completely- just smaller portions. I do kind of miss just eating without thinking or tracking- that "freedom." But since I have no desire to gain back the 15 lbs I've lost (and still want to lose 30 more), I'd rather miss the lbs then miss the ignorance.
  • mcdonagk
    mcdonagk Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Beer and takeaway. Would love some right now.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I still do this
    mcdonagk wrote: »
    Beer and takeaway. Would love some right now.

and this...frequently.

I don't miss anything I can think of...I love having the energy to get up at 5am and do 3miles before work, I love coming home and working in my yard knowing I won't be sore in the morning...I love having all the energy to do all the things I love to do and having the time because well...because I just have more time now even with my workouts and meal prep and and and
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This isn't fun at all - those tears already give that away so you know it too - if you "give up" something and miss it, not just cut it out because it's not worth the calories/stress/misery, it's not going to work. You WILL crave and you WILL cave. You can cut back without cutting completely out. No food can hinder weight loss as long as you are in a sustained calorie deficit.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I miss pints of hagen daz or ben & jerrys, and whole packages of Pepperdge Farm soft bake cookies. Those were my binge foods- thousands of calories to get down quickly. If I dare to get them now I immediately portion it out and distribute it to family members.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    This isn't fun at all - those tears already give that away so you know it too - if you "give up" something and miss it, not just cut it out because it's not worth the calories/stress/misery, it's not going to work. You WILL crave and you WILL cave. You can cut back without cutting completely out. No food can hinder weight loss as long as you are in a sustained calorie deficit.

I don't believe this at all. I can miss something but realize it's not worth it. Instead of chinese food, I get sushi. And I still get regular pizza on occasion (once a month maybe), but I eat it less because it's "not worth the calories/stress/misery". That's just called eating healthier.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that about half of the responses don't really miss anything (I am one of those) and the others all seem to miss things that I still include. I guess that is why I don't miss anything.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

^ Same.