The Last Ten Pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The time it takes you will change, but a lb lost, is a lb lost, no matter if you're at 131 lb or 118 lb. ...Keep doing what you've been doing. :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've been very strict on my diet and doing 2-3x heavy lifting plus 2-3x Orange Theory for a 6 week challenge (I'm 5 weeks in now) and have lost 3 pounds but most importantly 1.8% body fat. I started at 114 and now I'm a much leaner 110-111. It's mostly about diet! I eliminated added sugars (still eat fruit), wheat, gluten, dairy, and generally anything processed though I do tend to have a protein bar or shake each day to make up for extra protein and calories when I can't stuff anymore chicken in my mouth. ;)

I wasn't necessarily aiming to lose weight, just lower my body fat. My thoughts are you have to change up what you're doing. I was eating healthy before and eating within calorie limits but consuming too much dairy and gluten which was just keeping the hold on the extra fat on me, IMO. Everybody is different though.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kdiamond wrote: »
    I've been very strict on my diet and doing 2-3x heavy lifting plus 2-3x Orange Theory for a 6 week challenge (I'm 5 weeks in now) and have lost 3 pounds but most importantly 1.8% body fat. I started at 114 and now I'm a much leaner 110-111. It's mostly about diet! I eliminated added sugars (still eat fruit), wheat, gluten, dairy, and generally anything processed though I do tend to have a protein bar or shake each day to make up for extra protein and calories when I can't stuff anymore chicken in my mouth. ;)

I wasn't necessarily aiming to lose weight, just lower my body fat. My thoughts are you have to change up what you're doing. I was eating healthy before and eating within calorie limits but consuming too much dairy and gluten which was just keeping the hold on the extra fat on me, IMO. Everybody is different though.

I've lost count of how many times I've read posts from people complaining that dairy stalls their weight loss.. I would love to know if there is any science behind this?? The only thing I can come up with is bloating/water retention.

Signed,

A dairy addict
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OP you just have to want it badly enough to make the necessary changes.

I'm in your shoes really... would love to lose another 5-10 pounds at this point, but I just don't want it enough to cut my 200 daily calories of treats.. so I've been maintaining 4-6 pounds from my goal for 2 years now. I'm not in denial though because I definitely know why I'm not losing the weight, lol. But I still exercise a lot, there's just no way I would have even maintained without it.

So yeah - log accurately, cut 200 calories of treats a day, and there you go. It's up to you though to see if 10 pounds are worth it... I know I could never eat under 1800 anymore without being hungry and miserable all the time (I exercise in average 1 hour a day though). But even at 1800, I should be able to reach my goal in a couple months, I just don't have the motivation/willpower to do that right now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    OP you just have to want it badly enough to make the necessary changes.

I'm in your shoes really... would love to lose another 5-10 pounds at this point, but I just don't want it enough to cut my 200 daily calories of treats.. so I've been maintaining 4-6 pounds from my goal for 2 years now. I'm not in denial though because I definitely know why I'm not losing the weight, lol. But I still exercise a lot, there's just no way I would have even maintained without it.

So yeah - log accurately, cut 200 calories of treats a day, and there you go. It's up to you though to see if 10 pounds are worth it... I know I could never eat under 1800 anymore without being hungry and miserable all the time (I exercise in average 1 hour a day though). But even at 1800, I should be able to reach my goal in a couple months, I just don't have the motivation/willpower to do that right now.

I could have written this exact same post @Francl27
    I just don't want to reduce my calories any further to lose the last few lbs, i dont want it bad enough. They'll come off eventually when they and i are good and ready!
    I know what i need to do, i just don't wanna right now :tongue:

• lauranewman130
    lauranewman130 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible - with focus. I'm at my last 5 lbs now and struggled with my last 10 not too long ago. Its not just about calorie deficit but macros become much mot important the leaner u try to become and the Better in shape you become. ! I also throw in carb cycling days if I got plateau (not too long because I hate it) but it worked for me. There's a lot less room for slacking--BUT- consistency is key.