Not enough calories!!! HHHEEELLLPPP

Options
.. A little much, but I hope it got your attention.

I am in need of some advice!

By the time dinner is done I am FULL. like, I had 3 plates and star cookies and ice cream at a buffet full.
but am still short on calories.
For example today I only took in around 800 calories and my daily goal is 1500. I am trying to stay low on carbs. Having mostly lean meats, fish and veggies.
I have had cheese to up my calorie intake and still stay on the low side of the carb meter.
I know that I can just eat more meat or veggies, so no need to waste your precious energy typing that.
Anything else I can do to get closer to my daily goal?
Thank you guys :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    @diannethegeek has compiled a great list of foods you can add here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods. Just make sure that as you add them, you're still logging everything as accurately as possible. It's quite possible you're eating more than 800 calories if you aren't weighing everything and using correct entries.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How's your logging? Are you using a food scale, the recipe builder, accurate entries? I find it hard to believe anyone can be painfully full on only 800 calories. But if your logging is accurate eat more calorie dense foods - full fat dairy, nothing light/fat-free/diet, include nuts/nut butters, eat more cookies and ice cream... Etc
  • bkennedy29
    bkennedy29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would suggest trying a few things:

1. make sure you are weighing, measuring, logging everything - this will give you a better idea of what you are exactly coming up short on
    2. evaluate your fat intake: fats are the most calorie dense foods, I would suggest adding 1/4 cup nuts to your day as a snack, 1/2 of an avocado to a salad or sandwich, or simply start cooking with olive oil instead of using cooking sprays
    3. eat carbohydrates: our bodies use carbohydrates as our main source of fuel - cookies and ice cream are not ideal, try adding "starchy vegetables" such as sweet potatoes and squash if you are feeling "anti-grain" aka bread

Hope this helps!
    -Britney
  • empmmurray
    empmmurray Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    @diannethegeek has compiled a great list of foods you can add here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods. Just make sure that as you add them, you're still logging everything as accurately as possible. It's quite possible you're eating more than 800 calories if you aren't weighing everything and using correct entries.

Thanks for the link!! I am weighing everything I eat and have been. Just wanted to see if I could get some pointers. :)
  • empmmurray
    Options
    How's your logging? Are you using a food scale, the recipe builder, accurate entries? I find it hard to believe anyone can be painfully full on only 800 calories. But if your logging is accurate eat more calorie dense foods - full fat dairy, nothing light/fat-free/diet, include nuts/nut butters, eat more cookies and ice cream... Etc

Like I said, I'm weighing my food and my logging is fully on point! Thanks so much for the ideas :)
  • empmmurray
    Options
    bkennedy29 wrote: »
    Hello! I would suggest trying a few things:

1. make sure you are weighing, measuring, logging everything - this will give you a better idea of what you are exactly coming up short on
    2. evaluate your fat intake: fats are the most calorie dense foods, I would suggest adding 1/4 cup nuts to your day as a snack, 1/2 of an avocado to a salad or sandwich, or simply start cooking with olive oil instead of using cooking sprays
    3. eat carbohydrates: our bodies use carbohydrates as our main source of fuel - cookies and ice cream are not ideal, try adding "starchy vegetables" such as sweet potatoes and squash if you are feeling "anti-grain" aka bread

Hope this helps!
    -Britney

Thanks so much!! I just need to eat more balanced, I think. Really appreciate this! :)
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!!! 3 tablespoons (weighed of course) is 270 calories! It's my guilty pleasure after working out. lol
  • empmmurray
    Options
    spring913 wrote: »
    Peanut butter!!! 3 tablespoons (weighed of course) is 270 calories! It's my guilty pleasure after working out. lol

Such a good treat!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat fatty cuts of meat. :)
    When you go low carb you are supposed to increase your oils: regular milk and other dairy, bacon, dark meat chicken, nuts, avocados, mayo, regular salad dressing, tofu, chia seeds, flax seeds,
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    You might like to try pre-logging your meals for a couple of days. Then you can see how the overall day looks and can add in a few extras (olive oil to your veggies or salads, peanut butter to your snacks, avocado to your meals for example) along the way, and you won't get to the evening and suddenly discover that you are way under calories for the day.