BEST Concert You've Been To?

Options

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bon Jovi Last ever concert at Wembley (London, UK) before they pulled the stadium down and rebuilt it. Played an extra hour, he got fined for noise pollution after "hours" and did not care. Audience atmosphere was amazing and Bon Jovi was on fire. Nearly lost the last train home as it finished so late.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Prince - Musicology tour. Great seats. Acoustic set. Classic hits. Brilliant.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    It is a tough question, but Billy Joel and Elton John the first time they went on tour together was probably one of the tops that I can think of.

For pure fun...any of the 10 Jimmy Buffett concerts I have been to, including last week :)
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    These guys:

dn6e3q882c5f.jpg

John Diva and the Rockets of Love. 80's hair metal cover band (yes, that's right, the BEST CONCERT EVER was a cover band. I'll own it.) that plays festivals throughout Germany. But they're Americans. Really. They swear. I have never been to shows that are more straight-up fun, and they're amazingly good musicians to go with the cheese.

And just in case the first picture didn't convince you:

df9iacrmuu1s.jpg

That is Johnny D himself, as well as the venerable Snake Rocket (guitarist with a serious love affair with the opening riff of "Sweet Child of Mine).
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    the offspring, last week. (may not have actually been the "best" but was a massive bucket list tick and *kitten*, the crowd were amazing and only a 1300 capacity venue!)
  • _jamesb55
    _jamesb55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Staind was headlining and Seether and Papa Roach was there. I highly recommend seeing Aaron Lewis live, he is absolutely amazing to hear sing.

Hell yeah, Aaron Lewis has an amazing voice!!! Saw him when he toured for his country stuff at a small venue, sooooo good!!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    I have been to so many excellent shows. I think that hands down the best one was when we saw The Foo Fighters at Red Rocks back in 2008. ... snip ...

So. How about you?

Hmmm... I saw Foo Fighters at CitiField last year, they were great to be sure.

However, being a bigger Soundgarden fan, it would be one of the several shows I've been too. Hard to choose, but I'd say out of them all the one at Monmouth University 3 years ago.

You may say Dave Grohl is hilarious, and he is, but as an overall entertainer Chris Cornell kicks his *kitten*.

Also up there is the Everclear show at the Stone Pony where I got to hang a little with Art after the show.

IMG_0972.jpg

(I have always sucked at being in a photo.)
  • Befy88
    Befy88 Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm quite lucky to have seen a lot of my band list but over all, I've seen Korn 4times now, I recently saw Rammstien at Download Festival who were just awesome!!! But Foo Fighters and Blink 182 have to be the best for me... I may be biased due to having adored them for so long but they were amazing
  • Crhan05
    Crhan05 Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I went to the Daytona 500 and um like it was awesome!!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    It's a tough tie between two.
    This past December. Tesseract, Erra, and Skyharbor were amazing. Could have done without The Contortionist being there though.
    A couple of years back, saw Katatonia and Opeth. I was incredibly fortunate that Opeth decided to not play any of their new, terrible hippie rock in their set list. White Cluster was the most fantastic song I have ever seen performed live.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hard to choose between two for me. I really loved the Chris Tomlin concert I went to. However, I would say the best one for me may have been Selah. For one of the songs they did, they invited the kids in the stands to come up on stage and sing with them. I was 10 years old at the time and went up there.
  • R0xannMarr0quin
    R0xannMarr0quin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gwen Stefani
  • nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Zac Brown Band was pretty amazing
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    RW_TOUR_2010___IMG_0501.jpg

I saw two dates of that tour. The first one was the better of the two, but both completely blew away any concert I had ever seen before. It raised the bar to a level I doubt will ever be matched. Just saw Gilmour a few months ago and while he was entertaining, the caliber of the experience wasn't even close.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Stone roses and Augustine's for me!!!
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fleetwood Mac, June last year. And Bruce Springsteen last month a very close second.
    Oh and Arcade Fire a couple of years ago was brilliant too. And Muse - aaaargh can't pick!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    the offspring, last week. (may not have actually been the "best" but was a massive bucket list tick and *kitten*, the crowd were amazing and only a 1300 capacity venue!)

Darn you :) I miss the Offspring and PJ every time they're in town, because of that stupid thing called a job. ;)

PJ, The Offspring and the Pumpkins are my to see in concert - "bucket list" - bands.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    xWondertje wrote: »
    Rise Against, back in 2011 - without a doubt.

So I have an interesting story about Rise Against. I took my son and his friends to see them back in 2007 at The Fillmore in Denver. I forget who the opener was, but I was about 1/3 of the way back from the stage. And - I *like* Rise Against, okay? Anyhow, the first song, I forget what it was..... THE ENTIRE FLOOR turned into a mosh pit!!

And I am like, 40 years old and thrown into this enormous mosh pit, struggling to get out LOL

That was fun :)
  • Shana67
    Options
    U2 - any from the October tour in 1982 on...yes, I have been to a few.

Yeah, buddy! The old U2 is THE BEST.
  • Shana67
    Options
    Prince - Musicology tour. Great seats. Acoustic set. Classic hits. Brilliant.

I saw that one too - it was AMAZING.