Does anyone want to do C25K with me?

Options
tracydecicco
tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
I want to start Couch to 5K and want some running buddies or current runners that would give advice, answer questions and encourage. Please comment below if you are interested in either position. I would like at least one person to start with. Thanks!

Replies

• EndoscopyQueen
    EndoscopyQueen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've started a walk/run programme already. Let me know when you want to start. It will be good to have some friends doing the same thing.
    M
  • michellemaynard883
    michellemaynard883 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this! Let me know when you start and I'll be right there with you :)
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Would love to - I'm just finishing week 5 and planning a race in September.
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    Yay!!! I think I will do day 1 tomorrow. I will check in when done. Hope u will let me know your process too M.
    ~Tracy
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    [
    I would love to do this! Let me know when you start and I'll be right there with you :)

Let's start tomorrow!!! You in?
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    gianna42 wrote: »
    Would love to - I'm just finishing week 5 and planning a race in September.

That is awesome! I'm starting tomorrow and will be looking forward to building up to a 5k race. If you have any advice about the C25k process pls share.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8 :) It's a great program. Best advice: go to a running store and get properly fitted for shoes.. and slow down.
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    I just finished week 8 :) It's a great program. Best advice: go to a running store and get properly fitted for shoes.. and slow down.

I agree! I purchased Brooks Stability running shoes today and I am ready to do this!
  • Kiekie007
    Kiekie007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm starting tomorrow as well! Registering for a 5k at the end of August. That gives me EXACTLY 8 weeks. I'm in!!!
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just started this today so count me in!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I finished my C25K about 2 years ago. I'd be more than cheer you on.

Just remember. Regardless of if you run a 8:30 mile or a 10:30 mile. A mile is a mile. And you're lapping everyone on the couch.
  • findrayofsun
    findrayofsun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in starting the program too!
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started this morning. I'm in.
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    Kiekie007 wrote: »
    Awesome! I'm starting tomorrow as well! Registering for a 5k at the end of August. That gives me EXACTLY 8 weeks. I'm in!!!

Perfect! Thanks for joining the group and I want to know how it's going!
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    I graduated C25K about 3 years ago and am still running. I'd be happy to cheer you along on your journey. It's worth it.

Best advice I ever got (besides getting really good shoes) is to slow down. No matter how slow you think you're going, chances are that you're going too fast at the beginning.
    A simple test is to speak a short sentence out loud while running. If you can't do it reasonably smoothly (some heavy breathing is involved :smiley:), you're running too fast. Slow down. It really will get you to the finish line.

Great advice! Thanks for being one of our seasoned runners that can answer any questions and motivate.
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I finished my C25K about 2 years ago. I'd be more than cheer you on.

Just remember. Regardless of if you run a 8:30 mile or a 10:30 mile. A mile is a mile. And you're lapping everyone on the couch.

So true! Thanks for joining.
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    I just started this today so count me in!
    I'm interested in starting the program too!
    I started this morning. I'm in.

Welcome!!! Thanks for joining and running. Let me know how it's going!
  • asturiana20
    asturiana20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in too. I'm trying to be more active and C25K sounded great =D
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    I haven't been for my day 1 run yet because it's super hot here in North Carolina. I will get it in when the sun is not blaring.

Where is everyone from? How's the weather where u are?