July Challenge - How many fitness minutes can you get in thi

Options
I'm going to try and up more workout time and saturate the month of July with workout minutes! I hope you'll join me and I hope this gets us motivated to put in more time sweating, melting fat and getting into shape.

It's July 1st and it's officially the hottest day in Southern California this year, this is the time when clothes get thinner and shorter and skimpier so this is the month to step it into high gear.

I'm going for 5 workouts a week, 375 minutes per week, 1,500 workout minutes for the month of July.

The beauty of workout minutes is that if you slack one day, just tack on some extra minutes here and there, 5 more minutes on the treadmill, 10 more minutes lifting weights or break it up and do 5 minutes of jump rope, jumping jacks, crunches in the morning and continue on with your workout in the afternoon.

I'd love to have lots of motivated people who'd like to take their workouts up a notch. Even if just a little, let me know if you're in! We'll do weekly check in's with total minutes. :)

Replies

• YvetteSmith69
    Options
    I'm in! I am off work for the enitre month from my full time job so it's the perfect time for me to up my workouts. Not to mention my niece is getting married on August 13 and I really want to look good at her wedding. What a great surprise it would be for my hubby to come home from working in another state and see his wife looking hot!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    count me in, I want to play too.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Love the idea - I'm determined to up my exercise time in July too - I've been slacking for the past month or two, but I need to get back with the program. My goal is 360 minutes per week, 1440 minutes for july.
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just joined a similar challenge for July yesterday.....the difference is the goal is 1200 min. 1500 min! wow, that is a stretch for me but I didn't think I wud be 28 lbs lighter today seven months ago...so I will give it a try.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I need to do more than just walking and this will help me out. Thanks!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :smile:
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm also gonna aim for 5 workouts a week for 375 min for a total of 1500 minutes :)
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    Count me in. I love your challenges!!! Make me motivated. :smile:
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Count me in. I Just started to work out. Looking forward to making a lifestyle change. From couch to curls... here I come. :P
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Well, my goal is at least 102 miles walked this month. If I walk avg 3 mph, this comes to 2040 minutes walking these 102 miles, right?? I think I did my math right... In any case, think I'll round up and aim high for 2100 minutes of working out this month!!

My total so far is 140 minutes out of 2100. "Only" 1960 minutes to go! :)
  • erintumbridge
    erintumbridge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How do you join a challenge? How do you get the exercise tickers up?
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options

Yes how? Plus I would love to do this challenge......how do I get in on this?
  • Mrs_Hull
    Mrs_Hull Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is to exercise 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for a total of 1200 minutes.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options

When you say you want to join, you've joined. That easy. Just periodically go onto the topic and give an update and give feedback to others. The ticker is easy. Just go to tools and make a ticker. Cut and paste the link into your signature. Give it a try. :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I did not log my exercise minutes on my food diary because today was a stretch day, but I am counting them here because while it doesn't burn many calories, I feel it is important. My minutes so far:
    7/1: 57 minutes
    7/2: 96 minutes
    7/3: 52 minutes

Everyone enjoy your Sunday! :smile:
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    213/2100 minutes completed :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options

When you say you want to join, you've joined. That easy. Just periodically go onto the topic and give an update and give feedback to others. The ticker is easy. Just go to tools and make a ticker. Cut and paste the link into your signature. Give it a try. :)

That's exactly correct! If you're in, you're in, just try and check in once a week to let us all know how you're doling and what you're plans are for the day, just an update and see how everyone is is doing. I feel that checking in daily for me makes me more motivated and more likely to stick to it, which is why I love doing challenges with you all! Welcome, I'm happy to have you!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Good morning! I did not log my exercise minutes on my food diary because today was a stretch day, but I am counting them here because while it doesn't burn many calories, I feel it is important. My minutes so far:
    7/1: 57 minutes
    7/2: 96 minutes
    7/3: 52 minutes

Everyone enjoy your Sunday! :smile:

Wow you're rockin it already!! Great job :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    213/2100 minutes completed :)

Great start!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Welcome everyone who's joined! I'm so happy to have you all here :)

Tomorrow is my birthday and celebrating started Friday and will be going strong through tomorrow. I have only logged 60 minutes yesterday and I'm trying to get the motivation to get moving today! It's so hot which is really not helping! How are you all doing so far on this holiday weekend?