UNSUPPORTIVE FRIENDS

Options
barbarajean3
barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE THE MOST UNPOPULAR PERSON ON YOUR MFP LIST? I LOOK AT MY POSTINGS AND I'M SENDING SUPPORT LEFT AND RIGHT TRYING NOT TO MISS ANYONE. THEN I LOOK AT MY PROFILE AND HEAR CRICKETS. WHY FRIEND SOMEONE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE SUPPORT?

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I agree.it should go both ways.You need the support as well.
    Good luck on your journey.
    you can do it
    jane
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'll be glad to support you! I can't always check in daily, but I usually am on at least every other day. Maybe you need some new friends. There are a LOT of us out here!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I think I am one of those bad friends. I try to check in and at least say "good job" or something, but I am NOT really good about it. Sometimes I will just post something on MY profile, saying that I am proud of my friends - BECAUSE I AM!!!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    My only support I have is on mfp. In the real world, Im the unpopular one since I'm so into health and fitness
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My friends are really good about that, and I try to be...I'm not perfect but i do try. Feel free to friend me! We all need support!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too - I think some people are attention-seekers who just want to accumulate friends, and they post news updates regularly, but very very rarely will they comment on anyone else's progress. But there are others out there who are really great and supportive. I just 'hide' and ignore the one-way-streets and focus my attention on the friends where the support is mutual. Feel free to add me as a friend - I try to keep up with all of mine regularly :-)
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Okay, I just read this post and thought, "Hold the phone! I'm supposed to be saying stuff on people's posts?" I kind of thought that the people who comment on others' posts actually knew each other, like in real life. LOL.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need some new friends. There are a LOT of us out here!

I agree!! It's unfair if you're not getting any support back.
    Feel free to add me - I'll cheer you on! :happy:
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    for anybody that needs a friend, feel free to add me - I am on usually at least one time a day. My encouragement comes 99% from MFP and I think there are others like that so I try to offer support to all :)
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    I've noticed that too - I think some people are attention-seekers who just want to accumulate friends, and they post news updates regularly, but very very rarely will they comment on anyone else's progress. But there are others out there who are really great and supportive. I just 'hide' and ignore the one-way-streets and focus my attention on the friends where the support is mutual. Feel free to add me as a friend - I try to keep up with all of mine regularly :-)

i absolutely agree!! i do the "hide" thing too. i am on daily and comment on most of my friends posts.
    feel free to add my if you like. :bigsmile:
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    I've ran into some of those myself, I'm not perfect but I at least try to comment to all my friends everyday, even if it's not a big, long speech. You can add me to if ya like!! :)
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE THE MOST UNPOPULAR PERSON ON YOUR MFP LIST? I LOOK AT MY POSTINGS AND I'M SENDING SUPPORT LEFT AND RIGHT TRYING NOT TO MISS ANYONE. THEN I LOOK AT MY PROFILE AND HEAR CRICKETS. WHY FRIEND SOMEONE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE SUPPORT?

Look for new friends, there are a lot of people on here~you just have to find the right set for you. I don't expect a comment on everything I do and I certainly can't provide that either but some interaction is a must; where it's a good job or a howdy now and again, doesn't matter :wink:
  • barbarajean3
    Options
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO HIDE PEOPLE. AND A GENERAL HOPE ALL GOES GOOD FOR EVERYONE TODAY HELPS ME SO NO ONE SHOULD FEEL BAD IF YOU CANNT GIVE A PERSONNEL MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR MFPS. BUT IF YOU CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR DAY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ASK ME ABOUT MINE.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more. I recently did a "friends list cleanse" because I got sick of people posting attention-whoring comments. Do you really need 200+ friends?

The funny thing is I recently had someone remove me from their list and was sent a message telling me I was removed because I didn't comment enough on their statuses or anytime they burned a calorie. I was sick for 3 weeks I'm sorry I could drag my *kitten* out of bed onto the computer. I'll try harder in the future :huh:
  • JulsDiane
    Options
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO HIDE PEOPLE. AND A GENERAL HOPE ALL GOES GOOD FOR EVERYONE TODAY HELPS ME SO NO ONE SHOULD FEEL BAD IF YOU CANNT GIVE A PERSONNEL MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR MFPS. BUT IF YOU CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR DAY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ASK ME ABOUT MINE.

When they post something you can go to the right of the top line and it comes up to hide.....that will hide their posts
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You're way unlucky there! I have great support from all my MFP friends and I give them all support too. Sure we might miss some posts but generally we're there for each other every step of the way!
    Feel free to add me as a friend & I'll be there for you too!!

Di
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbarajean3
    Options

When they post something you can go to the right of the top line and it comes up to hide.....that will hide their posts
    I dont want to be rude and delete them but if I wait till they post something to hide them hell will have frozen over :laugh:
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    this is how I feel in my world too. I think I annoy people!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I try to support all my friends because I'm logging in constantly throughout the day from my phone. I just have to be disciplined and confident enough not to totally rely on others support. Its great to get, but ultimately your doing this for you!

I give the glory to God! He's my biggest supporter!
  • JulsDiane
    Options

I dont want to be rude and delete them but if I wait till they post something to hide them hell will have frozen over :laugh:

LOL, then just go to their profile and it will show their last post.......:drinker: