Need to Lose 54lbs

Options
BabyBabt
BabyBabt Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I have been struggling with a food addiction for the past 4 years. I come from a very poor family. There would be some days where all I could eat was a cup of ramen and a piece of bread and on other days no food at all. I recently finished school and got a good sales job and ever since I've been able to afford food its like I go crazy with it. It's like I keep telling myself the food isn't going to run out but I still find I'm overeating all the time. It's an addiction. I catch myself binge eating and sometimes just not realizing how much I'm eating. Ive gained so much weight!
I'm hoping this app/site can help me get this food habit under control. 54lbs for my goal weight but ultimately I want to start and I don't want to stop. I'm tired of giving up. Yes I've tried diets here and there and tried restriction but nothing works because I start over eating again.

Replies

• lisa2037
    lisa2037 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am also at the beginning of my fitness pal weight loss journey. I am just starting week two. Down 3lbs. Doesn't seem like much but it is a safe amount according to the dietician. She has me on a 1500 cal day. If I can do it, I truly believe you can, too. Don't give up. Tracking everything helps a lot. Don't give up and track everything. Seeing the numbers helped me a lot.
  • BabyBabt
    Options
    3lbs is great! Heck to see any negative numbers would be a big deal to me. It's sometimes shameful to track everything but I will do it anyways. Mostly because i feel guilty seeing how much I eat.
  • lamprechterilene
    lamprechterilene Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I highly recommend The Diet Cure by Julia Ross, that book is life changing for anyone battling any addiction, especially food. I Added you so that we can talk more if you'd like to.
  • BabyBabt
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation. Funny enough I've been looking for some weight loss books or weight loss meditation tapes. So I appreciate it.