Today I threw out my full length mirrors...

Options
twobirdperch
twobirdperch Posts: 33 Member
Today I did something kinda crazy... Today.. I thew out all (2) of my full length mirrors. I've recently lost about 15 lbs through a calorie deficit and interval running, and I'm very proud of my progress. I feel amazing, the scales respond positively (most of the time) but the mirror tells a different story.... maybe I'm impatient, maybe I have lousy mirrors, etc, but today I made the choice to ditch my full length mirrors. I already know how most of my outfits look on me.. I know which shoes go with which dress, so why not? Maybe I'll get another mirror when I hit my goal weight, but for now I'm opting to pay attention to how I feel/what the scales say (to an extent) instead of focusing on my reflection. Out they go! Anyone else ever felt this way?

Replies

• idrinkalotofwater
    idrinkalotofwater Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    No, throwing out mirrors will cause me so much anxiety
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nope. I care more about how I look and feel more than the number on the scale.
  • twobirdperch
    Options
    No, throwing out mirrors will cause me so much anxiety
    Lol! That's how I feel when people talk about weighing daily... I can't handle that kind of drama!
  • twobirdperch
    Options
    Colt1835 wrote: »
    I've always been a numbers person, but I hope I can see more obvious changes soon and care less about the #.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    amhudson22 wrote: »
    Colt1835 wrote: »
    I've always been a numbers person, but I hope I can see more obvious changes soon and care less about the #.

I understand that. The number on the scale is not a bad way to track progress, I just don't want to rely on it 100% because I know when I get closer to my goal it will be more about having a good balance of fat and muscle.

I do weigh myself every day, but I've noticed plenty of times I will gain weight and my shirts won't be as tight.

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    My full length mirror won't lie to me like my best friend will. I rely on it. (But ride the tide of what feels good to you. Just donate the mirror to the goodwill next time, maybe.)
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    My mirror never lies to me.
    Unlike most people. :lol: