What is your heart rate (at rest) now that you are healthy??

Options

Replies

• JazCopycat
    JazCopycat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    48 when I am resting, but 87+ when stressed.
  • olsalt
    olsalt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My HR is usually between 45-50 when sitting or resting. I am 69 and walk about 12-15 miles a day for exercise.
  • ConicalFern
    ConicalFern Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I was in super-training mode for my triathlon + rowing it was around 37, but has since crept up to around 45.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Low 60s
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    60-70 range. Have seen it at 57 once
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Mid to low 50s.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 years old and mine is in the low 50s
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Best resting heart rate I ever saw was 88. Usually hovers around 93-102
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Before I lost weight and started exercising it was mid 70s, now low 50s.
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and my resting hr is now in the 70's. Prior to exercise and weight loss it was in the 90's with medication specifically for that reason. Now I'm off the medication and feel much better. Hoping to get it lower as I increase my activity.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    52RHR
    51yo f
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and half way through my journey, I still have 3 stone to lose, according to fitbit my resting HR is 58bpm which makes me feel fantastic, I'm excited to see how lower it will go the more weight i lose and the healthier i get.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Usually around 46 to 49. I am 65.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    High 40s and I'm 49
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    For perspective

normal%20heart%20rate.jpg
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Depends on my stress levels. Last month is a good example, where I started working on a tough project with long work hours. In normal circumstances it's in the high 50s to low 60s. The toughest parts of the project are done so my stress levels are slowly going down. I will hopefully be done in a few days and things will go back to normal. Funny how there was an initial blip of relief right before starting the project (shows in the graph) when the client approached me with it. The thought of extra income lowered my stress levels for a day or two. Resting heart rate is so interesting to watch for so many reasons.

0u72vjmici6f.png
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I wake up, it's high 50s (57-59) and I'm far from healthy and/or athletic.
  • phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, current 193, down 75 pounds. According to my Fitbit resting is high 40s. Usually throughout the day I'm at 52-55.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    When I wake up, it's high 50s (57-59) and I'm far from healthy and/or athletic.

Being healthy does not only means having a certain weight or able to lift certain amount of weight or whatever. Being healthy means making healthy choices. Being healthy means eating a lot better nutritionally than whatever you were eating previously.. being healthy means incorporating a little workout in your routine.. being healthy means getting your heart rate a little up during the workout.. so are you like cent percent sure you are absolutely far away from healthy????
    Edit: just saw you have lost 172lbs..and OMG OMG OMG if that is true then you must be greatly underestimating yourself!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    According to my fitbit low 60's 3 weeks out of the month and climbs to around 70 during shark week or if I'm getting sick.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!