Any 5'4 ladies with large frame?

Options
I keep seeing all these posts with ladies who have goals of 110-130....this is FANTASTIC, but not for me. I have always been athletic and muscular, and I'm definitely a large frame, so I'm shooting for 145 which is middle of a healthy weight for my body. It really isn't even about the number...if I feel toned and healthy bigger or smaller then great. Any ladies with similar goals?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and a half". I was 115-125 in high school and I looked like a twig but I have to weigh less than 140 to enlist in the USAF (my goal). My goal is 135.

I have big ribs and hips and a big butt and thighs. :)

Healthy weight for my height is 100-140. I'm comfortable being on the higher end of that. :)
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    Hi, me too! I'm 5'4 Large Frame and shooting for 140. The lowest Ive EVER been was 130 and even at that weight I looked like I was 120... I think between 135-145 is a good range for us 5'4 large frame women (:
  • mommy3brats
    Options
    That's me too. I;m a bit older so the 110 to 130 is to small. Even when I was younger, it was a struggle to stay at 135.
  • _Rosie_
    _Rosie_ Posts: 16
    Options
    I am on the same boat!! :-)
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    being 5'9 im in a different boat.. but i see some tall girls on here with goals of 120-130 and i cant even fathom being that small! im aiming for around 160
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I think I have a larger frame also - I am shooting for 165 at this point, but when I get there I'll reevaluate and see if I think I need to lose more!
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    Me! I'm shooting for 150 as my first goal but I want to get down to 145 as well:)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 132 which is on the upper end of healthy for me.

I will look as twiggly as I can stand in the 130's with my frame. I'm not here to get toned, buff, built, or stacked. I'm here to get healthy.

You might check out http://www.mybodygallery.com/ you can search by height, weight, body shape type, and pant/dress size to get a better idea of what different weights might look like for you.
  • chris5432
    chris5432 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    same story here. I'm 5'4" and at 130lbs i start to look a bit anorexic. Right now I'm 154lbs and 145 would make me very happy!
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 also & always say I'd be happy to be at 150 so that is my current goal. I was 140 at one point in my life & it wasn't too thin but I'm older now so trying to be more realisitic I guess... LOL!! I'm glad there are others that want to be healthy weights & not over skinny!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and after hitting onderland I'm thinking of aiming for 140-150. I have big hips and thighs so hoping I can get a curvy figure! Short ladies with similar goals, feel free to add me please!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and large frame and im aiming for 150...glad to see that im not the only one. seeing everyone with 120-130 goals was starting to drive me nuts :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and was in the 200's however I'm shooting for smaller than the 140....I've reached 134 so far and looking to lose at least 15 more. I love to have goals but overall be healthy. Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. My goal is actually 155. When I was young, at 145 you could see all my bones poking out and it was really kind of gross. So 155 is my goal for now, though frankly, at this point I'd be happy to see the under side of 200!!!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing all these posts with ladies who have goals of 110-130....this is FANTASTIC, but not for me. I have always been athletic and muscular, and I'm definitely a large frame, so I'm shooting for 145 which is middle of a healthy weight for my body. It really isn't even about the number...if I feel toned and healthy bigger or smaller then great. Any ladies with similar goals?

I am 5'3" with a goal of around 128 for my low; i hit 120 at 19 and it was WAY too low for me so I also find I look, and feel, better a towards the mid-top range for my height.
  • aztope
    aztope Posts: 1
    Options
    I am shooting for 160 I am 217 right now and 5 4 hey what happens if you make a mistk on menu for breakfast
  • kuhfahlc
    kuhfahlc Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm almost 50 and am 5'3". I started at 175 and my goal is 135 to 140, before the big 50! So far I haven't made any friends on Fitness Pal, but I'd like to. I live in Ashburn, Virginia, and would love a "Pal" near or far. Anyone?
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    I'm 5'4 too, aiming for 140-145 (toned). With previous diets I've gotten to 129...not realistic for maintaining unless I ate next to nothing. I'm 20 years older now too..I'll be happy to see the 140's !!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal is 145ish. I have a large muscular frame and that is a realistic goal for me.
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    I am closer to 5' 6" and supposedly my body weight should be under 160. I have a large frame and am unsure that is realistic. My goal is 180, and if I can get smaller then FANTASTIC! But, 180 would be a vast improvement and I can live with that.

Sarah