Looking for a partner to talk about workouts and goals. (Trying to become muscular and lose weight)

Options
Neonz27
Neonz27 Posts: 3 Member
I'm currently 270lbs and slightly weak, but my goal is to lose 100lbs at 2lbs a week, start doing some moderate weight training, and eventually be able to jog a mile or so without dying of lack of oxygen. I'm not really healthy at all, but I'm starting to take a liking to Soccer/Baseball and body building!

Replies

• AndyJBacon
    AndyJBacon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'll add ya.

2lbs/week is a great idea. Just keep in mind that you're in it for the long haul. It will take months of work before your friends, family, and co-workers will notice. Don't get discoraged, don't focs on the number. Do it for yourself and the way you feel. Start slow, don't burn out, don't starve yourself, log everyday, and try to work in any movement you can, even if it's just manually washing dishes instead of throwing in the dishwasher. :) Sports are a great reason to keep going, and I bet you will quickly notice improvement as you stick with it. A mfp buddy also recommended bodybuilding.com to me. Check out their 30 day beginner program.
  • Neonz27
    Neonz27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! I'll be sure to check it out tonight.
  • husnur0205
    husnur0205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey love to be a friend you can talk to, hope i can be a supportive friend in your goals