Anyone play roller derby?? I have a question about logging exercise

Options
maddyk91
maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
Even though it's hot as heck in our warehouse, I don't think I burn like 700 calories at practice. Our practices are 2 hours long, and I usually log 1.5hrs into MFP, but that still seems off. I always log it, though, as just "rollerblading" because there doesn't seem to be an exercise for quad skating or speed quad skating.

Anyone do it differently? Maybe I should be logging it as separate exercises (like speed skating then roller skating...?)

Replies

• maddyk91
    Options
    Bump!
  • LTB1234
    LTB1234 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't do roller derby (although, it sounds fun and really challenging) but it's probably a good cardio workout. I burn about 600 calories in an hour if I'm working hard (but I'm also a bigger girl 169 lbs 5'9") I use my heart rate monitor and it's pretty consistent. I bet you do burn close to 700 calories in 2 hours.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My daughter was on junior roller derby for several years. I have watched the juniors and the women rollers practice and I could say that likely you are burning at least 700. You work hard! If I was 10 years younger I'd do it. I love to skate and derby looks like a blast. My daughter got out of it because she started working and couldn't balance the 2. Good luck!!
  • maddyk91
    Options
    thanks for the answers!! those do help me feel more confident in my logging. :)
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I play roller hockey and for 2 hours I log about 600 calories with my garmin. Hard to say what shape you are in but might give you ballpark.
  • IndiaAtkins
    IndiaAtkins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ive played rollerderby and inline hcokey and for derby i usually just put it as rollerblading but we often do a lot of fitness aswell so i put in as circuit training. But i have a Samsung gear fit now and it makes it much easier it just tracks my burnt calories for me