Any musicians here?

Options

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I don't play but I love music. All music. I listen to anything and everything as do my children. We love to turn the music on and have our own little dance party.
  • mackenziegraham445
    mackenziegraham445 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, and the clarinet. I also can play a little piano, flute, and saxophone. (all self taught)
  • nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Piano and singer here :)
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Singer, guitarist and drummer, yes I've tried to do all three at once.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Self taught metal guitarist of almost 28yrs now. I was in a pretty talented band called Supremacy somewhat recently comprised of myself (Rhythm/Lead Guitars, Backing Vocals), my best friend (Rhythm/Lead Guitars, Lead Vocals, a tattoo artist (Drums) and his brother (Bass). Sadly the brothers wanted to pursue other interests and moved away.

Here's our MySpace page with some of our songs, they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea: Supremacy
  • BeefyUk
    BeefyUk Posts: 2,602 Member
    Options
    Guitar for 22 years & a bit of drums & keyboard :)
  • lauracsanscartier
    lauracsanscartier Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Professional singer checking in! Do all kinds of singing and teaching work, also work part-time in my public library to supplement income (God bless the life of music!!) ;)

Who are folks' favorite artists/albums?
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Been playing guitar for almost 11 years, drums for 8 years and piano for 6 years.
  • williejmaddox9
    williejmaddox9 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    play piano for 11 years. i love my fantom x8
  • GroundedOne2019
    GroundedOne2019 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I play acoustic guitar & sing!! Love all kinds of music!
  • joelo_83
    joelo_83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So many talented folks on here how cool!
    Professional singer checking in! Do all kinds of singing and teaching work, also work part-time in my public library to supplement income (God bless the life of music!!) ;)

Who are folks' favorite artists/albums?

The two albums I've probably played thousands of times over-

1. Caribbean Jazz Project - Live and in concert
    2. Stone Temple Pilots - Thank You
  • joelo_83
    Options
    play piano for 11 years. i love my fantom x8

The X8 is a beast. I'm on a motif XF8. Both great tools

• killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Guitar on/off 10yrs.
  • BeJeanne11
    BeJeanne11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been playing violin since I was 5 :)
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I play banjo and fiddle (folk violin). I only started playing in my mid thirties, and I surprised everyone, including myself, by how quickly I picked it up. I love playing music. I'm lucky - London, where I live, has a wonderful music scene.
  • joelo_83
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    I play banjo and fiddle (folk violin). I only started playing in my mid thirties, and I surprised everyone, including myself, by how quickly I picked it up. I love playing music. I'm lucky - London, where I live, has a wonderful music scene.

Always appreciate a late-bloomer. I think the general consensus of needing to be so young to start discourages much potential talent
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've been playing bass guitar for ten years. I'll play anything, but I have the most fun with blues and pre 90s country.
  • SmokerOfDoobies
    SmokerOfDoobies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I play guitar... Mainly acoustic. I'm not great but I do enjoy it. :smiley: I love the blues. I also played trumpet growing up. If I found one for a decent price, I'd start playing again.
  • PricillaKorea
    PricillaKorea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Alto, tenor and soprano sax player here. Jazz or classical, it's all good and fun! I've been playing for 6 years now! Also I play a little bit of awful bass haha