Are small exercises throughout the day effective?

Options
kirakinss
kirakinss Posts: 25 Member
So recently I have been trying to fix my metabolism, so I have increased my calories up to 1800-2000. To give you a frame of reference, I am 120lbs and 5feet5inches. Although I haven't noticed substantial actual weight gain, I do feel pudgier. So I workout regularly most days (cardio because that's the only type I can get myself to do), but I wanted to know if it would help if I started doing little toning excersizes throughout the day?

So for instance, when I sit down at night and watch Netflix or YouTube, would it help if I just did a couple casual excersizes while watching? I know the obvious answer is yes, but I am talking really low key working out. Like 50 squats/ 40 lunges / 30 crunches/ 20 chair dips / 10 sit ups etc. I would also do them with breaks in between so I don't actually feel too exhausted. Basically I just wanted to know if an exersize is still effective if done individually and with breaks in between so I'm not really raising my heart rate.

Sorry if I made this too complicated, but any insight would help!

Replies

• veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think any kind of movement and toning would be beneficial. look at yoga and pilates, very helpful but very low impact. Try it, I think you'd be better off if you did what you outlined above EVERY night, then fewer big workouts that you don't keep doing.