UNSUPPORTIVE FRIENDS

Options
2»

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO HIDE PEOPLE. AND A GENERAL HOPE ALL GOES GOOD FOR EVERYONE TODAY HELPS ME SO NO ONE SHOULD FEEL BAD IF YOU CANNT GIVE A PERSONNEL MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR MFPS. BUT IF YOU CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR DAY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ASK ME ABOUT MINE.

When they post something you can go to the right of the top line and it comes up to hide.....that will hide their posts
    I dont want to be rude and delete them but if I wait till they post something to hide them hell will have frozen over :laugh:

LOL, then just go to their profile and it will show their last post.......:drinker:

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about being rude by deleting them, sometimes you just have to weed out those who aren't compatible with you......I got over that when I had so many that just didn't say boo to me, EVER, after adding.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I posted, what I thought, was a very good blog. Nada, nothing, not one reply. Some other individual posted, look at that ad. That's it, 40 replies. LOL.

I have deleted folks in the past for that. I won't do it again. The world doesn't evolve around me. While it may be one sided at least you know you are doing the right thing.

Unless they are rude or I run out of room I'm hanging onto my pals. I differentiate between pals and friends.

I so much admire my friends.

Addendum: I think some of it is age. I mean I'm not the most exciting thing out there at 57. Which is fine by me!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO HIDE PEOPLE. AND A GENERAL HOPE ALL GOES GOOD FOR EVERYONE TODAY HELPS ME SO NO ONE SHOULD FEEL BAD IF YOU CANNT GIVE A PERSONNEL MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR MFPS. BUT IF YOU CAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR DAY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ASK ME ABOUT MINE.

When they post something you can go to the right of the top line and it comes up to hide.....that will hide their posts
    I dont want to be rude and delete them but if I wait till they post something to hide them hell will have frozen over :laugh:

You don't have to wait until they post something on one of your comments - just when their post comes up on your newsfeed - hover over the first line and you'll see the hide button :-)
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Okay, I just read this post and thought, "Hold the phone! I'm supposed to be saying stuff on people's posts?" I kind of thought that the people who comment on others' posts actually knew each other, like in real life. LOL.

This is a great statement!! I wonder how many people are out there that we think are being rude or self centered who actually didn't know!!!!
  • sherrishift
    sherrishift Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Support is so key to staying on track for me. Plus I love seeing others success. Really helps me stay focused!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Support is so key to staying on track for me. Plus I love seeing others success. Really helps me stay focused!

This is so true - I get so much motivation from seeing how hard some of my MFP friends are working, it makes me try harder. I also steal yummy healthy meal ideas from their diaries :wink:
  • DaFrogRibbit
    DaFrogRibbit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends list low to keep up with them. I probably don't get the comments back i give. Use to bother me. Everyone has their life and we don't know what it consist of. I try to comment on weight loss and exercise i rarely comment on diary cause i don't have time to look at them. Plus i only have cellphone access to internet.
    Add me if u want.
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I get that too! I don't expect someone to comment on everything i post or do but it would be nice to hear from you once in a while. I especilly hate it when someone doesn't ever post or comment nor reply when i say something to them so......Remove friend!!!
  • jennahiggins
    jennahiggins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Honestly honey sometimes I only have time to log in, log the stuff I have to and log out....but because of your post I am going to do much better and taking the extra time to tell all of my friends what an awesome job they are doing. Don't take it personally, sometimes life just gets in the way, and we have a million and ten things going on and yes we do fall into the "friends think we are selfish" roll, although honestly, try to see it from where I am coming from. I get up at 5am, I dust, run the sweeper, sweep floors, mop, clean windows, do laundry, go to the gym, tan, come home to clean all over again because I have 3 kids at home and sometimes a fourth, or my oldest (at home) one has friends over. I mow the yard, cook, run a business (in the summer it's ideas and such) getting ready for vacation, a family party, holiday's, school is getting ready to start back up, on top of sports for the kids, or doctor's appointments.... so sweetheart, sometimes through all of that stuff, I do forget to tell the people on my page, good job, or even that is awesome, even though I think it every time I see that they have posted something or they have logged in for the 3rd day in a row, or they have made it under their calories. Or they have gained 2lbs and I want to tell them it's okay, that it's going to happen on their journey. If you would like you can add me, and I promise that I will do the best I can to give you the support and encouragement that you need/want. Good Job, and I am sure that your friends think the same thing, even though they don't take the time to tell you.
  • jmh35slh
    jmh35slh Posts: 78
    Options
    I try to get on every day too, but can't. I have great support from friends here, and try to give them support too.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am friend requesting you right now. I will always give support to the people who bother to show up everyday and log their stuff. If you take extended breaks, I just un-freind you. I need the support too.

Michelle
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    DO YOU EVER FEEL LIKE THE MOST UNPOPULAR PERSON ON YOUR MFP LIST? I LOOK AT MY POSTINGS AND I'M SENDING SUPPORT LEFT AND RIGHT TRYING NOT TO MISS ANYONE. THEN I LOOK AT MY PROFILE AND HEAR CRICKETS. WHY FRIEND SOMEONE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE SUPPORT?

I feel the same wAy so times. You only see the first few postings.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just in case yall are thinking I'm a whiner , I actually went thru all things posted on my profile for 30 days before I posted this comment. That was when I noticed how one sided my support had gotten. Thank you all for your comments and the friend request.:flowerforyou: