Best lifestyle change

Options
What is the better diet lifestyle change for you? Dairy free? Sugar free? Carb free? Or something else? Go!

Replies

• michelle_boucher15
    michelle_boucher15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been going to the gym with sister so activity isn't my problem it's just finding something I can stick with as far as diet goes
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For that, again, mindfulness about portion sizes/snacking, and eating a healthy balanced diet with plenty of protein and vegetables.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The one that you believe you can stick to for the rest of your life. Since I can't see myself cutting out those foods for good, moderation is my choice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eating a well balanced diet that is chalk full of nutrition...and having some pizza now and then. I still eat dairy, I still eat sugar, I still eat carbs...there's no reason any of that can't be included in a healthy, balanced diet.
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I still eat the things I like, just within my calorie goal for the day, and moving a lot more

I call it the ELMM diet (eat less move more diet) to my friends and family (as a joke lol)
  • KECrawford71
    KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in the gmicks. I think portion control and more healthy foods combined with greater amounts of activity. Like spence said
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, and low-fat (all together). But I kinda have to. I'm currently being tested for Crohn's. Then again, it's actually not that bad. I get a lot of my energy from fruits, and seafood keeps me pretty full.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Alcohol free...I pretty much drink from September to March then I'm alcohol free from March to September with the exception of my Bday/Vacation week which comes to a end tomorrow : (
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Less fat - I used to eat a LOT of fatty (delicious) food.
    Now I choose lower fat meats, use less or no oils & butter for cooking, choose fruit over cakes (most of the time), etc - I think if I didn't make that change that I would be about 450 pounds right now.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical issue, there's just no reason to give up whole food groups or macro groups.

Calculate your calorie goals. Eat within the goals. Lose weight. It's not rocket science.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    What is the better diet lifestyle change for you? Dairy free? Sugar free? Carb free? Or something else? Go!

Losing weight.

• scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Deficit during the week
    Maintenance at weekends