Does anyone want to do C25K with me?

Options

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Heat sucks......but you've got to get used to it, so don't let it stop you. When the sun starts to set today, lace up your shoes. Take it slow and stay hydrated. You can do this. Don't be afraid to take longer walking breaks, either, to help you cool down. Heat isn't something to ignore.
    Do you have a running shirt; one that wicks the moisture away from your body? Those really work and help keep you feeling cooler.

I just got back from a run, in pretty warm weather (warmer than I like running in). I took it slow and walked for a minute or two when I felt I was getting too hot. I'm on the west coast of Canada.

I'll check back tonight and hope to see that you completed your first day.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm in week one right now.
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ok....Week 1, Day 1 complete. Felt good to get back to running!
  • Kiekie007
    Kiekie007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 1, Day 1 this morning. Felt great!!! Bought new shoes and I'm ready for Day 2!!!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Congrats to all you Week 1 Runners!!! Great workouts!
  • mimi4janda
    mimi4janda Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to get involved in this? I am also working on the c25k program. I just completed week two but do each week twice.
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If anyone else on here wants to add me please feel free. Set my alarm early this morning and did week one day one and stretching. My legs are still sore!
  • chassp8pooh
    Options
    Oh and I'm from Tennessee but travel in an 18 wheeler with my husband. So I can be anywhere along the Eastern seaboard and it can be anytime day or night that I get my C25k in. This morning it was Greenwich,CT at a Flying J where the terrain was a slight incline then decline on way back. Could explain why my legs are still tender!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    This morning it was Greenwich,CT at a Flying J where the terrain was a slight incline then decline on way back. Could explain why my legs are still tender!

An incline will do that. My legs always feel it when I do hill runs.
    Hill runs are the best training, though. You did great. Well done!
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    mimi4janda wrote: »
    Is it too late to get involved in this? I am also working on the c25k program. I just completed week two but do each week twice.

Absolutely NOT too late! We are all at different places in the training. Just let us know how you are doing! I'm adding my status daily on this thread. Welcome!
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 Complete!

How is everyone doing???
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    I would be interested!

Welcome!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting fitted for good running shoes - I have tried the program before, I think the shoes really helped this time.

I am doing the cool running program - 9 weeks, in week 6 now. I've tried it before but never made it this far. Definitely recommend not starting out too fast and just sticking to the program. On the "off days" I try to walk or do some other exercise but I don't run.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2 Complete!

How is everyone doing???

Well done!
    Remember to take rest breaks. At this point in your training, those days in between are just as important as your run days.
    When you run, your muscles get tiny microscopic tears in them. If these don't get a chance to heal, they can lead to future injuries. The rest day is intended to give these tears time to heal.

One of the hardest parts of starting this program is pacing yourself. It's a good thing to learn because you'll use "pacing" in every run in the future to reach your goal.

• mimi4janda
    mimi4janda Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 complete. But really struggled. Will stay in this week and while.
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    mimi4janda wrote: »
    Week 3 Day 1 complete. But really struggled. Will stay in this week and while.

I'm sorry you struggled. Rest but don't give up!
  • tracydecicco
    Options
    I found my 5K race. It will be October 21 at the BalloonFest in North Carolina. I have my goal.

Anyone else have their 5k race figured out?
  • chassp8pooh
    Options
    Week one day three in the bag..Mostly flat land in sunny Maine today in a dog walking area at a rest area. Incorporated a five minute runners stretch I found online in the beginning and 5 minutes beginner yoga at the end(Sun Salutation. ..do I need to work on my flexibility ...) Holy heck does it make a difference. Now..the results...I covered 1.3 miles in 30 minutes burning 193 calories. I dropped my mile by 9 minutes. The run sessions didn't kill me like they had previously and the soreness from yesterday is gone. Checking in tomorrow from another location....doing each section twice with friday off before beginning new on Saturday! Will incorporate strength on Fridays.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did C25K back on 2014 and thought it was a great programme - I'll be happy to be one of your cheerleaders.

The best advice for C25K runners is to SLOW DOWN. Nearly everyone (including me!) starts off going to fast in the run sections but really you want to be running so slowly that you're thinking you could walk faster.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    In case anyone is interested, this group is active and supportive:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Well done, Mimi. Every week is a challenge. You did it!

Nice run, chassp8pooh! It's so neat that you can run in a different location every run.