Whats the most calories you have burned in a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Probably close to 17,000 in one day... Yes, it was a very long day!
    doing what?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    2200 calories I think by walking and doing something else..took a few hours..
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    doing what?

Chuckles
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    2950cal during the Marine Corps Marathon October 31, 2010
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Lucky no-one had any kryptonite with them that day.
  • sarahavery
    sarahavery Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Hahaha. this made me laugh :laugh:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I ran a 50K (31 miles) a couple years ago, probably burned right ~ 4,000 calories.
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    like 1500 when i went for a kayak tour plus walking all day :)
  • truchamp06
    truchamp06 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    On July 1st I burnt 1472 . That's thanks to a hr of cardio (treadmill/elliptical) in the morning and 1 hr of Zumba that night. I only count cardio i do on machine, and my dance class that i used a HRM on. I do not count all the play dancing, cleaning or evening walking i do outside due to me not knowing my real calories that I have burned and no longer having a HRM.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    4100 cal, as part of Ironman training... will beat that in one of my upcoming long workouts soon (will be 7 hrs..)
  • conway3
    conway3 Posts: 8
    Options
    On my last triathlon (1/2 Ironman) I burned:
    808 Swimming
    4027 Biking
    1454 Running

6289 Total
  • Slowtri
    Slowtri Posts: 8 Member
    Options

There was a lot of Kryptonite... I just avoided it...

16.5 hours of swimming, biking, and running
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is unreal! God bless you!:smokin:
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    About 2600, running a marathon. A good rule of thumb for running or walking is approx 100 cals/mil

2800 on a 11 mile training run ... and I sorely disagree with your estimate up there.
    I wear a Body Media Fit and I burn about 1700 calories for an intense hill-filled 9 mile run ...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    About 2600, running a marathon. A good rule of thumb for running or walking is approx 100 cals/mil

2800 on a 11 mile training run ... and I sorely disagree with your estimate up there.
    I wear a Body Media Fit and I burn about 1700 calories for an intense hill-filled 9 mile run ...

I've read the 100 calories per mile "rule of thumb" in several running books, but I would imagine that just like a lot of the fitness machines, that's a set amount for the "average" weight of 150 pounds...people who are heavier might burn a lot more or lighter people burn a lot less...
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've read the 100 calories per mile "rule of thumb" in several running books, but I would imagine that just like a lot of the fitness machines, that's a set amount for the "average" weight of 150 pounds...people who are heavier might burn a lot more or lighter people burn a lot less...

This is correct. There is no "rule of thumb" for calories per mile because it depends on (a) mass and (b) energy expenditure. A mile walking is NOT the same as a mile running, because it taps into deeper aerobic (and perhaps anaerobic) reserves.

As a 240-ish pound male, I still expend about 195-200 calories per mile jogged (about 120 per mile walked). Obviously this will decrease a little as I get lighter, but it will also allow me to run faster and burn more in the same amount of time.

As to the original question, I have burned 2400 in a day. A combination of running and mowing the lawn. :smile:
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Anyone wanting to join a row the world challenge ship? we have a few more spots! message me and friend me if you are interested! :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    1410 on May 2nd, don't remember why anymore, but recently have a few days on the 1000+ range.

Now that you mention it, its time to set it as a goal and go for 1500 in one day... next weekend that will be the goal!!! :)

I had already planned to walk/jog for 15Km so that will probably help.