Measuring after excercise!!!

jeff261159
jeff261159 Posts: 385
edited 8:12AM in Fitness and Exercise
A cautionary tale about measuring after workouts! - My wife and I went to the gym one morning but on the way had to drop our car off at the garage and then walk to the gym. We took a short cut across a playing field and had to squeeze through a small gap in a fnece into the gym. I just managed to get through. After a good 1 hour cardio workout and some strength work we had to go back to the garage for the car. We went back to the gap in the fence and guess what - I couldnt get anywhere near squeezing through!! It was as if somebody had closed the gap in the fence to half its size!!! I dont have a scientific explanation but I just accepted that your body is 'pumped' for a while!!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Hopefully someone will be able to explain this! It is kind of weird, but I can't say I'm really surprised by it.:happy:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    when i exercise i gain about 3-5lbs. and it's usually noticeable. I drink SO much water during that I blow up. Maybe you do too haha..
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    How much water did you drink on your walk to and from the gym and while at the gym? I agree that can affect your "measurements".
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    When you exercise, your muscles fill up with blood and increase (temporarily) in size.
  • scooby1298
    scooby1298 Posts: 18
    I never measure after being to the gym or any exercise, in fact I always try to measure at the same time of day [give or take 30 mins] and weraing the same clothes. I always use my Wii to weigh instead of bathroom scales and put them in the same spot on the floor. There can be so many variables when you measure, i.e. are the scales level. in the same place etc.

Hope this helps, and its better to measure before exercise not straight after it, at least thats what my doctors and cardiologists told me.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smile: :smile: :smile:
This discussion has been closed.