What is your heart rate (at rest) now that you are healthy??

Options
13»

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I am 72 years old and today in the morning my wt. was 102.4lb (4 feet 11 inches). I am very active and obviously not obese, fat or overweight. My HR s usually between the high 60s and mid 70s, and my doctor considers that a great range, and I feel good.
    I don't have a HR monitor so I don't test my resting HR all the time. Enough with the numbers; I am already counting calories and macros.

• Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OHHHH well that probably explains it (have to love these forums!)! I was sick AND stressed in June which probably caused my resting heart rate to increase! (Going from a range of high forties sometimes low 50's - to, high 50s sometimes low 60's). My exercise routine had remained pretty constant.

My resting bpm is decreasing again now. :) I'm 38 so I covet that high forty range as it makes me BOSS (ahem) I mean "athlete" status. Lol
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    29, 5'7", 162 pounds. Resting rate is currently 59, a month ago it was 63.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Mid to high 50's, but I'm no athlete. Probably pretty fit for my peer group, though. I don't think I've ever seen it higher than the 70's.
  • SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im 38, my resting HR is 50-55. Im far from athletic but much healthier than I used to be.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HR between 53 and 62
    I'm 71 female do some weights and cardio on alternate days Have lost 24 lbs
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and the only exercise I get is work. I clean for 6-10 hrs per day. I have a pacemaker ( electrical system problem, no mechanical heart issues) so my heart rate is set to not go below 60. 40 lbs lighter now, blood pressure is controlled. Resting heart rate is in the 60s, working it gets into the 80s-90s. Still have a ways to go before I consider myself healthy.

Funny...you all have heart rates in the 40's. When I went to the hospital with a heart rate of 40 they parked the crash cart next to my bed!
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 32, resting HR is high 40s to low 50s (48 - 52). It was in the high 60s and sometimes higher this time last year.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 yr old female 144lbs its usually 57-62ish. When i started at 236 it was in the high 70's low 80s.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    60-70
    I think mines higher cos I'm small and the blood rushes around quicker. Like a mouse's heartbeat
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the high 40's. I'm very active.

It use to be in the high 90's 4 years and 80 extra pounds ago.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 61/62 (at least according to my Fitbit) it did show up around 55 this morning not sure if that was a fluke or just a wonky reading.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Today it's low 60s. When I started last May I had tachycardia(RHR>100) that's what got me started. As I lost weight it started slowing down. I did take a calcium channel blocker for a while but as I lost weight I didn't need it.

Meds can influence it greatly I used to take a beta blocker for BP, my RHR was always 55. Till I started feeling funny it was 34 in the ER. When it was 55 I was not in good condition totally the meds.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    n06jy8c401p6.png
    This is sitting at my desk mid-morning. I'm 34, 5'8", 190ish pounds, run 3 days/wk and lift 3 days/wk. When I was 40lbs heavier, about 3 years ago, my HR was up in the mid-70s
  • mrsphantomvoxx
    mrsphantomvoxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is 46 BPM according to Fitbit.
  • b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 38 just started working out and mine is 69 -71 acording to my fit bit
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!