Holiday + anexity =....

Options
Hey everyone, I'm really struggling to lose the weight around my lower abdomen, I know it's one of the most difficult areas to lose but it's seems like no matter what I do I can shift it or flatten it.
I used to be nearly 15 stone and lost 5 stone but I still want to lose a little bit more and tone up. I thought last year that I could book a holiday and be totally flat but... It's next week and it's still there. I'm worried about people seeing me in swimwear or saying I look fat. Can anyone give advice about how they lost the lower abdomen weight and as well being on holiday after severe weightloss.
Thanks
Rach x

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no one who is on holiday will be looking at you....
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cardio HIIT did it for me. Have you tried HIIT?
  • raachel627
    raachel627 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No I haven't, but definitely going to give it a go and see if that helps
  • mrsf15h
    mrsf15h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Firstly fabulous weight loss. I've I've lost a similar amount and also got the lower stress pouch. I use a cheeky skin wrap when I just want it a little tighter for a quick fix for a holiday or day out. But my biggest difference is doing spin and weight lifting. Keep at it. You've done fabulously!
  • keysersoze3
    keysersoze3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had some stubborn fat that wouldn't shift. I tried all the cardio imaginable but it wouldn't go. Its still a work in progress but the thing that has been working for me is reducing my carb intake to around 20% of my daily calorie allowance. This is coupled with an equal split of 40% protein and 40% fat. You can change your macros on MFP to accommodate. After 2 weeks of doing this I had lost 4KG but was still lifting the same weight, plus I am finally noticing a difference to my lower abs.

If you want anymore info, happy to help. :smile:
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    1 week away from your holiday - you're not going to make much of a change on your fat levels. Sorry. But, all is not lost.

My advice:
    • Spend this week at maintenance calories - I find that this helps me to get the bloating and water retention out of the way before the holiday rather than on the first few days of the holiday. I also find that it helps me avoid the "I've-been-eating-lettuce-for-3-months-and-now-I'm-going-to-eat-all-the-pizza-and-drink-all-the-beer" mindset.
    • Drink plenty of water (and continue during the holiday)
    • Continue with your normal work outs

Advice that Mrs StealthHealth would probably add:
    • Exfoliate and get a killer spray tan
    • Manicure, pedicure, facial, and hair
    • Pick some outfits that you feel great in and rock them.

Best wishes and have a fantastic holiday.

• JLT14690
    JLT14690 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Run girl, nothing beats running. I ran 4 times a week, about 40 min each and lost sooo much weight at quite a fast pace. Also, doing a workout in a steamy/hot room is awesome for getting rid of those toxins in tour belly which cause you to bloat. Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    JLT14690 wrote: »
    Run girl, nothing beats running. I ran 4 times a week, about 40 min each and lost sooo much weight at quite a fast pace. Also, doing a workout in a steamy/hot room is awesome for getting rid of those toxins in tour belly which cause you to bloat. Good luck!

:huh: :noway: