Summer challenge

Options

Replies

• ActiveTami
    ActiveTami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to FitnessPal and thought this was a good challenge to start. I know I am starting it really late but I figure 2 miles a day will get me well beyond the 100 mile mark. If I can get the plans together I also plan to do a week long backpack trip with FitPacking to Crater Lake in Oregon. The plan is to do about 50 miles of hiking in that week. I will have to train a bit for it so this is a good challenge to motivate me. Thank you for the inspiration!

exercise.png
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I will try this challenge too. Hopefully my new ticker works
    Keri
    PS. I just added my miles from yesterday -2-on my ticker.
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    3mi walk today.
  • slansdown
    slansdown Posts: 94
    Options
    4 miles today + 16 previous = 20/100
  • harderfasterstr0nger
    Options
    Wowza! Maybe I can do it :D Brb, gotta Google Maps walking routes to all my friends' houses.
    I'll start a tracker!!
    <3
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Welcome minnieemmie, KeriA and ActiveTami! Good job everyone!

I really need get moving on this! Seem to be doing lots of other activity...just not walking or running! Think I will make another ticker for myself for miles on wheels (bike & skating). But still need to get in my walk/run miles as I am supposed to be training for my 1st 5k. Time to focus!
  • simkat
    Options
    4mi run this morning - that was my longest ever and a little rough. 1.5mi dog walk this afternoon. That's all my legs are going to do today. :)

Great job everyone!
  • niceday
    niceday Posts: 15
    Options
    7 miles over the past two days
    13/100
  • slansdown
    slansdown Posts: 94
    Options
    20 miles previous + 2 miles today = 22/100
    (today was harder for me to stay on the treadmill)
  • PandaFAmBAm
    PandaFAmBAm Posts: 111
    Options
    Did about 3 miles yesterday and 2.5 miles today at the zoo =)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Just walked around Greenlake 2.8 miles so I am up to 5 miles for the month. Happy walking and running!
  • toadiejones
    Options
    Did a 2.35 mile hike with the family yesterday. Hoping to get a run in today. Happy 4th everyone!
  • angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5 miles yesterday
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    2.9 miles this morning and 2 miles yesterday!

exercise.png
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    6 miles today (hiked 3 this morning, ran 5k this evening)...Woohoo!!!  Keep up the great work, mfp's!!!
  • ActiveTami
    ActiveTami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey I finally got started today! I only did a mile and a half but it's better than yesterday. It felt great to get moving again! Thanks for the challenge to motivate me.

toadlejones, did I read in another post that you were doing the Ventura Tiki Torch 5K? That looks like fun. Good luck in your first 5k!!!
  • Lisateaches
    Options
    Ok I am going to join in the challenge now. Clearly not having a challenge isn't working! I start tomorrow!
  • simkat
    Options
    3mi run this morning!
  • angelawilliams29
    Options
    Walked/sprinted intervals today...4 miles 
  • toadiejones
    Options
    toadlejones, did I read in another post that you were doing the Ventura Tiki Torch 5K? That looks like fun. Good luck in your first 5k!!!

Nope, not me! I'm in the Cleveland area and the zoo has a 5k Sept 25th that I am shooting for. Figure even if I am dying, looking at the animals would be fun! LOL! But.....my gym has a "Fun 5k" on tonight that I am almost tempted to try. I've never run outside before and haven't yet fully run a 5k distance (still walking some) but it seems like a really casual run that I could use to challenge myself. We'll see how gutsy I am feeling this evening...