Looking for friends and support on losing 60LBS

Options
valpo00
valpo00 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2016 in Getting Started
8uaraw7ud584.jpeg
Hello,

My name is Hans.
I live in a small town at the beach in the Netherlands.

8 years ago I suffered from a major depressive episode. Gained around 60LBS in 2 years due to medication and emotional eating and no exercise.

Hoping to find some friends here for support and maybe a similar journey :)

Replies

• mitchm221
    mitchm221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, had a great loss and spun downward, currently picking up the pieces and starting over !
    Logged in and worked out 20 days in a row, would love a support group of freinds!!
    Add me if you want
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi Hans! Nice to meet you. I am working on losing about 60 lbs myself. I have lost 13 so far. I am always looking for dedicated, friendly people to add! I will send you a request.
  • MBryant1021
    MBryant1021 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New to all of this but love all the positive comments. Feel free to add me as well.
  • eamespo
    eamespo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Hans,

I'm in the same boat. Managed to lose 20 last year before getting pregnant and now want to lose 60 too to get back to where I know I feel amazing! I will send you a friend request.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi Hans! I am Susan and I live in N Louisiana in the Southern USA. I too experience depression and emotional eating. I have had a weight problem literally all my life. This time I got serious about losing weight in the beginning of January, 2016. I have lost 68 pounds by following a healthy, well balanced, reduced calorie eating plan and exercising. I am just 7 pounds from my goal weight. I still have a lot of toning to do all over my body to look the way I would like so I am far from my overall goal. I feel so much better in all aspects of life. You can lose the weight by finding a healthy eating plan that works for you. The support at MFP can help. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. May you be successful on your weight loss journey!
  • valpo00
    valpo00 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you all kindly for the positive comments.
    It feels good to get in touch with people on a similar journey.

Over the years (age 34 now) I have collected quite some emotional baggage. But always trying to cope with it as best I can.

When I feel down I tend to lock myself inside the house..
    At those times my mind overflows with repetitive thinking about the past and future.

More and more I learn how to break those chains of thought by taking some time out for meditation or just slowing down my breathing.

I have tried a lot to solve my negative thinking by thinking about my negative thinking... A perpetual and tiring thing to do.

I do notice that when I take on a physical activity my mind gets at ease and the negative thoughts give way to feelings of hope for the future.

I am glad to hear from you all and wishing you all the best.

• fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I am on a similar journey myself. I'd like to lose 50-60 lbs myself. I joined mfp 5 yrs ago and managed to change my eating and begin a workout regimen I loved and lost 50 lbs. Last year I faced some life challenges of my long time job ending, relocation and a new relationship and completely fell off the wagon. Gained all of my weight back plus some. So I'm back to get myself back to a healthy happy place. Feel free to add me!