Ketosis 200+lbs people trying to loose weight!

Options
TheNewFabMe
TheNewFabMe Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi

My name is yedia

I am trying to loose weight with a high protein low carbs diet. i am currently at my highest 261lbs, iwould like to add people to support each other who log in everyday so we can support each other!!

Replies

• rubigaldamezrd1990
    rubigaldamezrd1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rubi I've been on Keto for about one week I feel great with lots of energy the first 2 days were the worst I had the Keto flu
  • Purposeandresilience
    Options
    wow keep it up I just started keto this week
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, if you are following a law carb way of eating (WOE), "moderate" protein (not high protein) is usually what is recommended. I also suggest that you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP as it is where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

By the way, Keto Flu is completely avoidable. It is due to electrolyte imbalance.
  • scottaking
    scottaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Seven days in and feeling great. I dropped 11.9 lbs of what I'm guessing is water weight. I don't think high protein is going to put you into a state of ketosis. My current macros are 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% carbs.
  • TheNewFabMe
    Options
    Hi everyone I finally figured out how to check back on my post. I am happy to announce that I been losing weight. today marks 60 days since I started and I am down 25 pounds
  • rhondariley1
    rhondariley1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • TheNewFabMe
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Milenapmg
    Milenapmg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. My mame is Milena amd I'm from Armenia.. I start using this app today only... I would love to make friends
  • rhondariley1
    Options
    I made the mistake of eating a piece of pie today in the office from Village inn and then entering it. I was shocked! Watch out for Lemon Pie Supreme. It has supreme calories per slice! The office is a challenge. Last week we had two chocolate cakes, however I was strong and said no thank you each time a slice was offered
  • rhondariley1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oh sorry I didn't introduce myself.
    I am Rhonda and I currently weigh 242. I am down 13 pounds by limiting sugar as much as possible and at least 150 minutes of elliptical a week.
  • dwanachapman
    dwanachapman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to balance carbs. I'm doing 50-75 carbs daily, I did dip down lower, but trying to manage everything while being a vegetarian was beyond me. I've been at it for 2 weeks, just started back with fitness pal last Monday. And I'm down 9 lbs. I feel like the only way the weight will come off though, is an extremely restrictive diet..those never work for long. So I've been doing yoga, and body resistance training, and started back to walking. It would be nice to follow along, and maybe learn some new things.
  • shrutfiord
    shrutfiord Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There is a group on Facebook called keto women win. It has amazing resources for this kind of eating. I highly suggest joining.
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am considering Keto, a few of my friends have had great success and love it. Do you have favourite sources for meal planning etc?
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • AdeleDOB
    AdeleDOB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Milenapmg wrote: »
    Hi everyone.. My mame is Milena amd I'm from Armenia.. I start using this app today only... I would love to make friends

Hi Milena