I hate my stretch marks

Options
rwebrownie
rwebrownie Posts: 4 Member
For all my life I had these ugly scars and all I ask for is a way to just literally cut them out of my life lmao but all the options I have is to wait for them to fade with some Shea Butter or cocoa butter. Since I've started puberty I started to see those scars around my thighs. But then I started gaining weight and I was 120 in the 5th grade I thought I was fat. Instead of just trying to get rid I didn't know how and I gained a whole lot up to 160 in 6th and then up to 188 in my 9th grade year up to 213 during this spring. My stretch marks came traveling towards my stomach ug...let's not continue

but hey when you gain weight expect your skin to stretch or gain muscle but that's not what I did :*

Replies

• 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Why would you hate your tiger stripes? Wear that *kitten* with pride!
  • mwakeman19020
    mwakeman19020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its not an easy thing to do. Especially in a bathing suit. For me, it lets people know that i was overweight at one point in my life. Not a good feeling.
  • kellkee16
    kellkee16 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Aw I'm sorry you feel that way :( I think its pretty inspiring tho!!!!
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Its not an easy thing to do. Especially in a bathing suit. For me, it lets people know that i was overweight at one point in my life. Not a good feeling.

Yeah I totally understand. If you're super self conscious getting a tan helps them blend in a lot better! And using retin a speeds up the fading process by a lot. Body foundation completely covers them up but that can get really expensive real fast.

But your weight loss should be something you should wear with pride. So what you used to be overweight? You took control and won the battle. ;) good job Hun. I hope it gets easier for you.
  • missthang11205
    missthang11205 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Depending on your budget, they do have laser scar removal now. I haven't used it myself but I'm considering it. I've always had stretch marks on my thighs and butt but I recently got some on my side and they are painful both physically and to look at. Im trying cocoa butter for now but it's something I'm considering down the road when I've lost the weight. Maybe I'm just laser happy though. I've been doing laser hair removal and tattoo removal recently. Not as painful as you'd expect. Hope that helps.
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options

If anything.. They would admire you for that. You beat the weight, now you have a badass way of showing it.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I used to hate mine, as well as the bit of cellulite I have on my legs. But now I don't. My weight went up majorly due to antidepressants ten+ years ago & my weight constantly fluctuates, so I've got some light stretch marks on my thighs, sides & boobs a little. I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. I'm sure the majority of women have them, just like even some of the skinniest or fittest women can still have cellulite. I refused to wear a bathing suit for those reasons, but I bought one this year & I don't care what others think, neither should you. :)