Curious about low carb

Options
Hey all!

Ive tried to do my research on lcd. I just seem to get contradicting info. Im looking for feedback from others who have had success with low carb. My goal is to lose weight. Im 31 and looking to drop 25 lbs.
*did you count calories while cutting carbs?
*how many carbs did u have per day?
Thanks for any personal feedback in advance :)

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have been keto (very LCHF) for a bit over a year.

I counted calories and carbs. I was at 1500kcal and losing 2-3 lbs per week, which was great because I was going for 1.5 lbs per week.

I had about 20g of carbs per day while losing. Now I am closer to 30-40g, but I am on maintenance and my carb intake goes up a bit in the summer. My macros were 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat. I follow that very roughly now.

Try the Low Carber Daily group for more low carbers. Good luck.
  • avedabean85
    avedabean85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Was that 20g net carbs?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No. Total. I've never bothered with net. My carbs are only veggies and nuts, and low GI veggies at that so I already know they have a lot of fibre. Many like to go with net though. :)

Today I had a HUGE salad, some nuts, a couple big strawberries and cheese for my carbs.
  • avedabean85
    avedabean85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @avedabean85 There's an awesome low carb group here full of helpful and experienced members. You fill find all the info you need there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • johnnyb620
    johnnyb620 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    When it comes to carb consumption and weight loss, my body tends to react optimally around 150g. Anything below that I'll feel like poop and won't be able to perform at my best. And anything above I'll feel bloated. I think it's different for everyone. You have to play around and find that sweet spot.
  • cornedhash
    cornedhash Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @avedabean85 There's an awesome low carb group here full of helpful and experienced members. You fill find all the info you need there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Thanks for sharing that. I just asked to join.