Carbs/protein/fat

Options
jayde190
jayde190 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm 20,
I weigh 69kg
I'm 170 centremeters

im wondering how many carbs/protein/fat I should be eating per day? To loose weight, I've tried many sites online but they just don't give me a straight answer...

Replies

• JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    depends on your activity level, how much exercise you'll be doing, what type of exercise, whether you want to lose fat and/or gain muscle etc etc, there's quite a few different factors
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There are a wide range of ratios that will all work. I suggest not cutting any of them because that is extreme. That's the straight answer.

Why not set your ratio to MFP's default and see how it works out?
  • jayde190
    jayde190 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to loose fat and gain muscle,
    I work out 4-5 time a week, mostly doing cardio about an hour each time, be just started getting into weights
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well - As said, forget about all fad diets. There is only one rule about weight loss. CICO (Calories In Calories Out). Eat fewer calories than the ones you burn and you will lose weight.
    However, if you don't want to be losing both fat AND muscle, one advice would be to lower your carbs and fat intake and increase your protein intake. I said "lower" and not "eliminate", you do need them to be losing fat and gain muscles.
  • ianwilson67
    ianwilson67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    you're already at an ideal weight for a 5'7" person
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    jayde190 wrote: »
    I'm wanting to loose fat and gain muscle,
    I work out 4-5 time a week, mostly doing cardio about an hour each time, be just started getting into weights

You're not going to gain muscle doing cardio. It's VERY difficult to gain much, if any, muscle when you're in a calorie deficit. You should definitely lift heavy weights and keep the muscle you have (and tone it and make it stronger). But don't expect to "gain" any muscle in a deficit. 90% of weight loss is in the kitchen. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh your intake, so you'll know how many calories you're eating. The percentage of fat/protein/carbs isn't nearly as important as ensuring via weighing food on a scale that you're actually eating in a deficit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    I understand that you're still striving to lose some weight, but since you're already in a healthy range, you might glean some useful information from this thread, which talks about replacing fat with muscle at a steady weight:

Recomposition: Maintaining weight while losing fat
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    try 35% carbs, 35% protein, 30% fat for a week or so, then adjust it from thereto suit you, depending on how you're feeling etc. it's more about listening to your body and giving it what it needs than following a specific diet plan
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    There's no straight answer. I eat 75% carbs and I've lost weight and maintaining at 116 lbs. You can lose on any macro settings, all you need to do burn more calories than you consume.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Why not set your ratio to MFP's default and see how it works out?

That's what I did -- you can always fiddle with the percentages later.