adding exercise to mfp

Options
mlport2012
mlport2012 Posts: 2 Member
just started using mfp and can't get exercises to update. Food consumption went great but when trying to add exercise it says no match found. If i use the drop down menu on the right side of page I find something similar but can't get that to update. any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The exercise you are trying to add might not be in the database.
  • CliftonBullard
    CliftonBullard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've checked the database, and the exercise known as "wall sits" isn't there.

I'm doing a 30-day "wall sit" challenge, and would like to track them on here, but the options for adding a new exercise don't really seem to fit.

This is a strength-building exercise, not a cardio. But under "Strength exercises" I can only track by number of reps and weight used. I'm only going to be doing one rep, but the duration will increase over the 30 days.

Listing it as a cardio exercise will allow me to track duration, but it's not a cardio exercise.

How can I enter a strength-building exercise that is duration-based?

Thanks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've checked the database, and the exercise known as "wall sits" isn't there.

I'm doing a 30-day "wall sit" challenge, and would like to track them on here, but the options for adding a new exercise don't really seem to fit.

This is a strength-building exercise, not a cardio. But under "Strength exercises" I can only track by number of reps and weight used. I'm only going to be doing one rep, but the duration will increase over the 30 days.

Listing it as a cardio exercise will allow me to track duration, but it's not a cardio exercise.

How can I enter a strength-building exercise that is duration-based?

Thanks!

Log it as cardio - doesn't matter that it isn't - strength training is under cardio as an option. If you want calorie credit for it that's where it goes. Although a wall sit wouldn't be worth the effort for me to log.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'd probably do it under strength training, and log the # of seconds as reps? It won't add to your calories, but I can't imagine the burn is enough for it to matter any way. But, if you want to log it for the sake of logging it, that's how I'd do it.