30 day shred?

Options
I just bought 30 Day Shred today... I was wondering if there's a way to log in under exercise, specifically for 30DS? If not, what's the closest thing to put it under?

Replies

• KMcBandit
    KMcBandit Posts: 65
    Options
    I just wrote in my own under cardio and wore a HRM.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother....you will loose doing it PERIOD...I lost 70 pounds so i know what i'm takingabout!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    under cardio, use circuit training... I enter 20 minutes, which is the active part of the workout.
  • RonniP
    RonniP Posts: 5
    Options
    You could also create your own exercise. I would also recommend a HRM or Body Fit.
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    I was wondering the same as the OP since I don't have an HRM and can't afford one at the moment. While I'm sure it's going to be burning crazy calories (I previewed all 3 levels of it today - had to make sure the 2nd hand disc still worked!) it'd be nice to have something (even a rough guess) in the log.

Edit: I was still writing when this one came up:
    under cardio, use circuit training... I enter 20 minutes, which is the active part of the workout.

That'll work for my purposes, thanks!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You could also create your own exercise. I would also recommend a HRM or Body Fit.

I really want an HRM, but is there anyone that's accurate using it just on the your wrist?

I've been told if you don't get the kind that does around your chest then there's no point in getting it at all.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Most people say circuit training.

But even a wrist HRM would be more accurate than MFP, probably.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I really want an HRM, but is there anyone that's accurate using it just on the your wrist?

I've been told if you don't get the kind that does around your chest then there's no point in getting it at all.

That's pretty much a fact.
    You need a chest strap.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I burn about 300-350 during it but I'm pretty out of shape and avg heart rate is like 140. An HRM is the only way to know for sure.
  • eclaire9
    eclaire9 Posts: 44
    Options
    I started it a few days ago and I have just been entering it has "Circuit training" for like 20-25 minutes. I figure that is close to being accurate,but if you were being really sticky about the calories burned, get a HRM as others suggested and get an exact amount :)
  • witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother....you will loose doing it PERIOD...I lost 70 pounds so i know what i'm takingabout!

Whoa! Wow. How many times did you do it? :noway:
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Whoa! Wow. How many times did you do it? :noway:

I was wondering that too. I'm pretty out of shape, 5'6" and 209lbs. I'm hoping to lose some weight doing it. But I've also heard most people say they hardly lost any weight, but lose some insane inches
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That's what I do, too. I'm pretty sure it underestimates for me for some levels, but at least it's an approximation.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM for calories burned.

Then I went to exercise and added my own "30 DS - Level X" and put in the calories burned from my HRM. I do this with all the exercises I do. Makes it easy to keep track of which ones I'm doing as I like to mix it up.