What is a flattering weight at 5'8''?

Options
SW: 155
CW: 132

So I have lost about 25 pounds in 5 months. I do look smaller but I still am flabby. Especially my arms and love handles. What do I do from here?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance and lift weights or do another form of progressive resistance exercise.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Eat at maintenance and lift weights or do another form of progressive resistance exercise.

Truth...

It's not all about weight...weight is just some arbitrary number on a scale that is comprised of many things. A flattering weight is also going to be highly dependent on body composition.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    You're better off going by body fat percentage
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Such a loaded question. I have seen women who are 5'10" and 300 pounds and gorgeous. I have seen women who are 5'1" and 120 and look sloppy. There is no right or wrong or "flattering" weight. It all depends on how you carry yourself.
  • jannellex
    jannellex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree; not all about weight. I feel that I am at a healthy weight for my height. I just don't know what exercises to do to tone my body :/
  • Kingvjackson
    Kingvjackson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try some high intensity interval training(HIIT) it can help you get lean and you can do it at home no weights required!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm 5"8 and I wont go lower than 143lbs. Anything under that makes me look gaunt and sickly.

ETA: And prompts the "Are you on drugs" question from my family.
  • amberquinn21
    amberquinn21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey sweetie it's always important to consider many factors when deciding what weight would be appropriate for your height, I used to be 115 pounds and I looked overweight but now I'm 110 and I look very lean. So what I'm trying to say here is it is better to go by body fat than weight. I have a friend that is 5,8 and she is happy at 140 pounds, don't look for a number, look at what makes you happy :)
  • Loveedove1
    Loveedove1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't stop until you're happy with what's in the mirror. The scale doesn't matter. Great job on the weight loss. I'm 5 8' so I know the struggle lol
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    At 5'8"? I would feel comfortable anywhere between 150-155. I bet you look amazing :)
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where you carry your weight and your frame size. I'm 5'9" and my "happy weight" is 140, at 150 and up I start to feel big. But I have a small frame, and carry any extra weight right in the bread basket.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    jannellex wrote: »
    I agree; not all about weight. I feel that I am at a healthy weight for my height. I just don't know what exercises to do to tone my body :/

Join a gym, take a few session with a personal trainer, and tell them you want a progressive resistance program.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    140?