Overwhelmed by how much I have to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Also focus on changes that have nothing to do with the number on the scale - getting back into a pair of pants you haven't been able to wear in ages, having more stamina, watching your body physically change. These elements are important and motivating benchmarks, too. :)
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss.
    just keep at it. i am down 6 lbs from when I started and have 114 more to go....
  • staindgal
    staindgal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Celebrate that you're taking care of the excess weight now! My total I need to lose is 240 pounds! *gulp*
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I found it helpful to read threads in the "Success Stories" forum when I felt discouraged, especially these two:

What's Your Most Recent NSV

PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Having mini goals helps me. When I started my final goal seemed so far away. I decided that for the time, I would aim for losing 10 by my next blood pressure check. Then, another 10...etc.40 down, 25 to go.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You're already 25% to goal! That's fantastic. Read the success stories of those who've had to lose 100-200 lbs or more. Then you won't feel so overwhelmed. I've been at this more than 2 years with steady losses. I'm only 7 from goal, but I know it will likely take the rest of the summer to get there. When I get tired, I think of the stories of the Warriors who've needed 3-4 years to reach their goals.

Take it in small steps and have other goals besides the scales, such as measurements, pics, fitness, nutrition, recipes, etc. That way there are always successes happening in a few areas. Keep it going.
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's such a wonderful sight to see so many motivational comments here. True though, I, myself, feels like crying when seeing how much I have to lose. 56kg/123lbs. But hey, I'm gonna focus on 5kg/10lbs at a time. Like right now, I feel so hungry already and it's the middle of the night, it's hard for me to sleep because my mind keeps telling me to grab some cookies and a glass of milk. But I'm gonna fight and win this battle. I promised myself that. Anyway, to anyone out there, if you ever need a friend to accompany you through this journey to a happier and healthier life, motivate you to reach for you goals, support you through ups and downs, I'm always here to be that friend, so feel free to add me! I'll add you back! I hope we all will succeed in this journey, until the end! Have a nice day everyone! :smiley:
  • simpinguk96
    simpinguk96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We've all been there, around 8 months ago I weighed around 20st, right now I'm 12st and I still want to lose another 2st, I'm 5ft 7. If you diet well and exercise, the time will fly by. I look forward to every Friday when I get to weigh myself and see my progress, I also eat what I want on Fridays, this helps the time feel like it goes by faster. Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The time is going to pass either way...it's up to you to choose what you'll do with it.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. Just keep going at losing. The 60 will happen, and you will look back and see it wasn't that hard. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I started January 25 just hoping get to January 26. Increment by 1 daily.

I don't care, really, what I weigh tomorrow morning. Each day before weighing I psych up for a gain, then I measure. If it's a loss, ok. If it's a gain, ok. If it's nothing, ok. The thing I do care about is staying on the eating plan, staying somewhere close to my personal goal of less than 1500 calories and less than 1500 mg sodium. Today was a pleasant surprise because I really did expect a gain due to having gone way over my goal on sodium yesterday and having had no #2 for 36 hours. I measured a small loss.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    You'll be there before you know it! I'm approaching the 65 lbs lost mark so I know it's frustrating when you're in the thick of it. But just keep telling yourself that you're making a positive change and keep going!

Also, don't be afraid of little slip ups. Weight loss is anything but linear, so you might backslide a little but your overall goal is to be healthy and it's part of the process.

You'll do great!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    The time is going to pass either way...it's up to you to choose what you'll do with it.

Also, I absolutely adore this post! That's an awesome way to think about it.
  • kadybug97
    kadybug97 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Learn to take it day by day, and reflect on how far you've come!!! You are doing awesome!