Weight gain pals?

Options
I'm a 21yr old female, 5'5" and 100lbs. Always been small. I do have curves tho! So i know im at least at a healthy(ish) weight for my body type. Trying to use this app to fill out a bit

Replies

• lindsaymbirch
    lindsaymbirch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just came off of a cut, felt weak. Trying to gain slowly and put on some muscle!
  • lastatlantean
    lastatlantean Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat. I started working out again so I cut a lot of fat. Now I'm using this app to get some weight and muscle
  • tattooedmama93
    tattooedmama93 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm tryin to gain also. :) I'm usin this app to add more calories to my diet and make sure I complete it each day. I'm still kinda new here!
  • p_ruane
    p_ruane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to gain weight over the last couple of months. Have gained some muscle but its a slow process. I find it hard to keep in a calorie surplus but have been using MFP and my Fitbit to track my food and exercise. Keep it up guys :)
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've been trying for years. This app only reinforces what I already knew. I don't eat nearly enough calories.
  • MicevskaS
    MicevskaS Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay I've found my people :) I need to add 1800 calories daily and it's a lot more than I expected. Been using this app for a few days now, but the most calories I've eaten in a day are 1400. The app says if I continue with this amount of calories, I'll lose 2 kg. Do you have any tips for me?
  • p_ruane
    p_ruane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MicevskaS wrote: »
    Okay I've found my people :) I need to add 1800 calories daily and it's a lot more than I expected. Been using this app for a few days now, but the most calories I've eaten in a day are 1400. The app says if I continue with this amount of calories, I'll lose 2 kg. Do you have any tips for me?

I recently got a Nutribullet which has been helping me to get in some extra calories. Adding things like peanut butter (or even ice-cream) to a shake helps me get closer to my calorie goal.
  • rafficampbell
    rafficampbell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here, add me people!
  • vickie943
    vickie943 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In 2003 I weighed 175 but then i got really sick I died and they had to bring me back. But they took out half of my Colan and all but 5 feet of my small intestint now I weigh 100 and the doctor told me to eat anything I wanted cause my system is not soaking up the calories. I eat almost 4000 calories a day but even that has not helped me. So does anybody have suggestions for me? Help
  • EmilySC244
    EmilySC244 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also back using the app to make sure my calories are on point each day. Some days are quite difficult to get them all in. Would be great to have some people for support who are looking a similar thing. I'm currently recovering for a relapse in my ED. Keep positive guys
  • MrsOliviaN
    MrsOliviaN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn't think there'd be so many others trying to gain!! I'm 5'7" and about 155lbs which is ideal but I feel physically weak. I want to add muscle mass and fill out a bit more. Anybody want to have someone else to track progress with?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    For those of you finding it hard to reach your calorie goal, make sure that you eat calorie dense foods. No "lite" or diet stuff. You don't have to only eat junk (but some is ok). Think healthy fats: avocado, nuts and nut butters, seeds and seed butters, coconut butter and oil. Go for full-fat dairy (whole milk, heavy cream, cheese, full-fat yogurt, butter). Choose marbled or darker meats over leaner cuts. Dried fruit, trail mixes, and granola are also very calorie dense. If you have mal-absorption issues, boost can help.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'1" under 100 and trying to gain also.