dang it

Options
lazatin
lazatin Posts: 452 Member
My net calories are only 761...I know I need to eat more but I am not the least bit hungry...this had been happening for the last few days and I do not like that the scale has not been moving....even gained back one of the pounds I lost....frustrated!

Replies

• katemiddletonisawesome
    katemiddletonisawesome Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've gone through this - and it sucks - but it's mostly mental. Go out and do some hard-core exercising for a bit, your hunger will come back. And make sure you eat before you do anything else in the morning. That should wake up your body and you should feel hungry again. Just make sure you keep your daily caloric intake even. You don't want to throw your body into starvation mode - then you won't lose anything.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Go for calories dense foods and get those calories up there. You will gain weight if you don't. Nuts, peanut butter, cheese, are all ways to get calories in without having to eat too much.
  • gila24
    gila24 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you are eating too little that can cause your body to go into 'starvation mode' and that could be why you aren't losing and even gaining.

If you are eating that little I would also be concerned about meeting your nutritional needs, are you getting enough protien, vitamins and minerals?
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    even if you are not hungry you need to hit your minimum calorie intake or your weight loss will plateau. Try eating 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of eating the normal 3. Hang in there things will get better!!
  • lazatin
    Options
    I'm eating enough just exercising a lot...that is where it has thrown me off. toady i burned 1189 calories and took in 1950 in food..so only 761 net....last night it was 8 something net....I so am worried about starvation mode and that is what is happeneing.....dang it!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Ditzee is totally right. It took me years to learn this. If you want to lose weight you have to eat. If the calories don't come in your body will not let go of any calories.
  • leeuuh143
    leeuuh143 Posts: 48
    Options
    COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. I went through the same thing and i lost 20lbs the first month and stopped losing weight. GAINED weight back and went immediatly to the message boards to ask for help. As people looked through my food diary all they had to look at was the calories without really having to dig deep. YOUR BODY NEEDS FOOD. How i got over it was telling myself this every day i need to eat more then 900 calories "i will gain weight i wont lose weight". The first couple days i felt like i was FORCING myself to eat. I felt gross and worried about how much weight i was going to gain. I simply just wasn't hungry but after the first couple days my body wanted breakfast, wanted water, and wanted that evening snack :)

A MFP friend sent me this advice:

Hi!

Try sticking with what MFP is suggesting for you based on the information you entered for your goal. I'm assuming that is 1,200 calories each day. That is definitely the MINIMUM number you want to hit. Anything under that will leave your body feeling deprived and sluggish.

Let's try this, if it works with your schedule...

Breakfast = 350-400 calories including protein like eggs, cheese, yogurt, etc.
    Morning snack = 150 calories (some kind of fruit or fruit bar)
    Lunch = 300-350 calories
    Afternoon snack = 150 calories (nuts or crackers)
    Dinner = 300-350 calories (make it light with plenty of veggies)
    Evening snack = 150 calories (personally, I like the Dove dark chocolate bar at 190 calories, yum!)

This will bring you to in or around 1,200-1,500 calories depending on the calorie count you choose for each meal.

and i try to follow it but its hard sometimes but for the most part its getting easier and I'm starting to lose weight again! yah!
  • lazatin
    Options
    My problem has always been portion control...since using MFP I have gotten a really good hold on keeping within portions. I also got off my butt and started moving..which has all helped..so now I'm thinking maybe I shouldnt have taken that extra walk with my child tonight, but I like to do that.....and I hate eating extra at night...I do snack...maybe I just need to make them bigger snacks......Frustrated because it was going so well now i;mdoing better and not going so well!
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just remember you can't be 100% sure what your body burns as our bodies are all different...so becareful on believing what your machine tells you burn...and even MFP isn't 100% correct... you may be actually eating more than you need. I would stick to your calorie goal...1500 or whatever it may be...and if you exercise call it a bonus! if your hungry eat something healthy....
  • leeuuh143
    leeuuh143 Posts: 48
    Options
    well never mind about my post then lol do you use a HRM or do you go off what the machines say?
  • lazatin
    Options
    COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. I went through the same thing and i lost 20lbs the first month and stopped losing weight. GAINED weight back and went immediatly to the message boards to ask for help. As people looked through my food diary all they had to look at was the calories without really having to dig deep. YOUR BODY NEEDS FOOD. How i got over it was telling myself this every day i need to eat more then 900 calories "i will gain weight i wont lose weight". The first couple days i felt like i was FORCING myself to eat. I felt gross and worried about how much weight i was going to gain. I simply just wasn't hungry but after the first couple days my body wanted breakfast, wanted water, and wanted that evening snack :)

A MFP friend sent me this advice:

Hi!

Try sticking with what MFP is suggesting for you based on the information you entered for your goal. I'm assuming that is 1,200 calories each day. That is definitely the MINIMUM number you want to hit. Anything under that will leave your body feeling deprived and sluggish.

Let's try this, if it works with your schedule...

Breakfast = 350-400 calories including protein like eggs, cheese, yogurt, etc.
    Morning snack = 150 calories (some kind of fruit or fruit bar)
    Lunch = 300-350 calories
    Afternoon snack = 150 calories (nuts or crackers)
    Dinner = 300-350 calories (make it light with plenty of veggies)
    Evening snack = 150 calories (personally, I like the Dove dark chocolate bar at 190 calories, yum!)

This will bring you to in or around 1,200-1,500 calories depending on the calorie count you choose for each meal.

and i try to follow it but its hard sometimes but for the most part its getting easier and I'm starting to lose weight again! yah!

Thanks for calorie/meal suggestion..i think that will help alot. i also changed my setting from sedementary to active since I work out everyday. I hope that will help too.
  • lazatin
    Options
    well never mind about my post then lol do you use a HRM or do you go off what the machines say?

i go by what MFP says
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think the HRM is your best bet...my machine tells me that I burn way more that is even feasible...YOu'll find the right method for you and your weight will come off!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If you are over 200 lbs you don't need to worry about starvation mode. I would suggest you try peanut butter, oatmeal, bowl of cereal if you are not getting in your calories. You should try to go no lower than 1200 net cals a day to stay in the losing zone.
  • lazatin
    Options
    Thanks for the wonderful advice and supprt...im gonna have some cheese and see what I can find from there.......:)