All you Insane people! Or p90x, or hard workers! Come here!

Options

Replies

• newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I love P90x but the cardio just isn't enough once you can do insanity. I use the cardio from the One on Ones and P90x + as the doubles for my schedule. Some of the balance work from the One on Ones is really good. All the weights sessions all have alternative that you can do if you aren't that strong, even the pull ups. Get a set of bands if your are just starting out.

I completely agree. After Insanity and TurboFire, the P90X cardio workout are just way too easy. The pace of them is so slow that I can't get my heart rate up high enough to actually burn enough calories. I do enjoy using the bands for the pull up moves. I'm just not strong enough to actually be able to do a pull up yet.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love P90x but the cardio just isn't enough once you can do insanity. I use the cardio from the One on Ones and P90x + as the doubles for my schedule. Some of the balance work from the One on Ones is really good. All the weights sessions all have alternative that you can do if you aren't that strong, even the pull ups. Get a set of bands if your are just starting out.

Asylum is what I have planned after the last thirty days of my doubles hybrid, it looks tough but not unbeatable.

I do need to get more workout equipment...it was actually why I chose INSANITY over p90x to begin with-I like the idea of only using body weight and I don't really know what to look for as far as bands/dumbbells/medicine ball what not. I have only done body workouts (running/cycling/calisthenics) so when it comes to anything else I am pretty clueless. Its actually kind of embarrassing. :)

I can do more pushups now though with INSANITY than ever before in my life! Even my dad was impressed.
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    I did two rounds of insanity, then chalean extreme/brizal butt lift (hybrid). I am currently doing insanity asylum second round and it's hell. Next I will be doing another hybrid insanity asylum/p90x.

OOH I wanna try asylum when I am done with this round of INSANITY but it looks ridiculous. LIke seriously ridiculous.

I think you will like asylum. I love the changes in my body and my new strength. If you think insanity push you to your limits asylum push you pass your limits. I no longer say to hell with this it's hard, I say bring it Shaun T your mine. I can't wait to do the hybrid. I believe once I finish the hybrid I would have accomplish my goals and will basically lift weights with a lil cardio.

That is awesome. You are really making me want to try asylum! I think after this round of INSANITY I will be ready. I just want to make sure I am doing them 100% because as soon as I was completing each workout full out I had my vacation (and I was camping so no INSANITY there) which totally threw me off track. Thanks for the advice! And I want to incorporate lifting too, I just really am clueless about it.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Convict Conditioning with hopes of actually doing a pull up. Once i do that I'm going to do The X again leading up to P90X2.
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Currently doing Convict Conditioning with hopes of actually doing a pull up. Once i do that I'm going to do The X again leading up to P90X2.

What is convict conditioning?
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Also, anyone doing INSANITY you should post your fit test results! I am curious to know where I stand. There are a couple times i've beat Tonya's number and it makes me really happy lol.

Ok so here is mine from the last time I did INSANITY (which was a month ago) and then the results from yesterday.

Final Fit Test 6/8/11 FIT TEST #1 (starting over) 7/2/11
    Switch Kicks: 124 112
    Power jacks: 67 65
    High Knees: 114 115
    Power jumps: 53 47
    Globe Jumps: 14 11
    Suicide Jumps: 22 21 (this is where I almost threw up lol)
    Push up Jacks: 50 44
    Oblique Jacks: 84 74

So I definitely went down in most of them, but I was happy considering the month in between of not working out / not eating healthy. It was my bday and a vacation, so I definitely slacked, but the point is im back!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow starts my second week of Insanity. loving it. even though its grueliling itotally love it. love shaun T, he has a way about him that really makes me want to push the limit
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    When I finish C25K (I'm starting week 8 on Tuesday) I want to try either Insanity, P90X, 30DS, or whatever... what do you guys recommend!? :D I'm loving running and all the cardio endurance I'm gaining from it, I want to do something so I can continue with my running/cardio, so I can enter in more races after this one in July!
    If you love Cardio then Insanity is the one for you. I'm doing a hybrid of Insanity and P90x as the Cardio from P90x doesn't push me enough.

I'm also working my way through the One on Ones, substituting the P90x workouts where I can.

I recently posted a forum topic about a program to start up and I heard that Insanity is really great for cardio, and kicks your butt!!! I may look into that cause I heard it isn't as expensive too (which is great for a 'starving student' LOL).
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow starts my second week of Insanity. loving it. even though its grueliling itotally love it. love shaun T, he has a way about him that really makes me want to push the limit

He is a G! LOL!!! My boyfriend kept saying that when we were watching his advertising program.

He was talking all normal while doing crazy workouts PERFECTLY! While other people were struggling and out of breath xD
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options

That is awesome. You are really making me want to try asylum! I think after this round of INSANITY I will be ready. I just want to make sure I am doing them 100% because as soon as I was completing each workout full out I had my vacation (and I was camping so no INSANITY there) which totally threw me off track. Thanks for the advice! And I want to incorporate lifting too, I just really am clueless about it.

I've got about 10 days left of Asylum and I really like it. I did Insanity after recovering from hernia surgery, needing to stay away from strength training for a while, but for me Asylum is a real improvement and I'm starting a P90X/Asylum hybrid, I think the two are perfect for each other. It's ok to be clueless about the lifting, just get P90X and all you have to do is push play as they say.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

What is convict conditioning?

It is a program that uses strictly body weight exercises. I'll send you a link when I get home tomorrow.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of Asylum! Then onto a P90X/Asylum Hybrid
  • nisha33
    nisha33 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm currently doing week 1 of Insanity and I absolutely love it so far. I admit I curse and complain while I'm doing it lol but i do it and when I'm done I'm all smiles and wayyyy proud of myself!
  • JatieKo621
    Options

I am the same way! Plus watching the people in the back who take breaks really helps me, most workout videos just have people who NEVER stop and I like knowing that they are having a tough time too! WHen I can keep going while they are in "child pose" makes me push harder. Its a lot of tricks like that that keep me determined lol.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

I am the same way! Plus watching the people in the back who take breaks really helps me, most workout videos just have people who NEVER stop and I like knowing that they are having a tough time too! WHen I can keep going while they are in "child pose" makes me push harder. Its a lot of tricks like that that keep me determined lol.

yep there are tmes when i am on the floor and can't move, feeling like a failure look up and a few of them are in teh same postion, and i thinkg oh okay. i m okay
  • JatieKo621
    Options

yep there are tmes when i am on the floor and can't move, feeling like a failure look up and a few of them are in teh same postion, and i thinkg oh okay. i m okay

Hahah exactly. When I see them stumble off to go grab water it just reinstates that we all need breaks and we are all on the same page, even if they are in WAY better shape than i am!

Nisha- TOTALLY understand. Hate it during, love it after.

And sammypacks: I think I have a crush on Shaun T. Hahaha even though someone once told me he seems to like guys better...i still think he and tonya have something going on. :) And yeah, starving student here as well. Just a server who wants to be in shape!
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    Hi all, a friend and I are on week 4 of a hybrid Chalene Extreme Rotation and starting the push circuit, we are also training for a 10k so twice a week I run 6-7 miles and the rest of the time shorter runs between 3-4 miles. I HATE PUSH-UPS with a passion and Chalene for some reason keeps saying "if you don't like push-ups its because you haven't been doing them" that's usually the point every week i am glaring at her on the screen and yelling.. I am doing the stupid push-ups and ..i..still..hate..them..!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 rounds of P90X and P90X+. I tried to do a 4th round last fall and decided that I couldn't stomach any more of Tony's jokes. I may give P90X2 a go when it's released, but until then, I'll stick with ChaLean for strength training.

Did Insanity as well...was the leanest I've been in over 15 years at the end of my 60 days, but I HATED the warm-up every single day!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gearing up to do Asylum, and I've done 2 of the workouts just to do them and I can say that I think I'll REALLY like it. It's a different feel from Insanity for some reason. Once I've done my 30 days, I may alternate 30 days of Insanity with 30 days of CLX and teaching Turbo Kick, rinse and repeat.
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the 4th round of X. I had to put it all on separate sheet and follow without the dvds. I even included all the warmups just to get away from the monotony. I also added the insanity workouts for the x cardio. I took most of the winter months off and have now moved onto SL 5x5. I like the strength part a lot more and plan on working in the cardio (once I forget all the corny sayings) of p90x and insanity. Want to build a better strength base and go from there.
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Hi all, a friend and I are on week 4 of a hybrid Chalene Extreme Rotation and starting the push circuit, we are also training for a 10k so twice a week I run 6-7 miles and the rest of the time shorter runs between 3-4 miles. I HATE PUSH-UPS with a passion and Chalene for some reason keeps saying "if you don't like push-ups its because you haven't been doing them" that's usually the point every week i am glaring at her on the screen and yelling.. I am doing the stupid push-ups and ..i..still..hate..them..!!

Hahhaha I totally understand where you are coming from! Whenever Shaun T says "dig deeper" when I am dying and getting to that crazy point, I start yelling at the screen "I AM DIGGING DEEPER YOU A**HOLE WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE!!" hahah and everyone around me just thinks I've totally lost it. :) Guess thats why its called Insanity?

How do you like Chalean Extreme? Im intrigued by it and I think I want to get it, but don't you have to buy a lot of equipment with it? Im curious to try something new.