What people who love running hate about running

Options
Will_Run_for_Food
Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
edited July 2016 in Chit-Chat
There's nothing like a good run to boost your spirits, but they can't all be perfect. As much as I love running, there's just as many little pet peeves I have about it. And who doesn't like to complain every once in a while :smile:

What are your running pet peeves? I'll start:

1) When you clip a toe nail too short
2) When fellow runners use you as a reference point for their intervals (so they slow down right after they pass you, and then you have to pass them, and repeat). So rude!!
3) Bra chafeage

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have runners feet.. I have some nasty looking feet .. calluses, etc.. Body Glide in my best friend!

Gawkers. People look at you instead of focusing on their driving.. I have had to dive out the way a couple of times

I hate cyclers that use my lane going the other way.. And they have serious attitudes too!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Chafing. Definitely chafing.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    1. Bicyclists (and I'm a bicyclist too. lol!)
    2. Running through a bunch of gnats which go up your nose. Hack!!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    When people see you are clearly out of breath at a race and still want to chat the rest of the way
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Evening run and a bug flies into my mouth... and it's so deep I can't cough it out!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sciatic pain. I get it regularly.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I hate that most people I know who like running only like running distances >3-4 miles or have goals to run further than that. I vastly prefer fast short distance runs (preferably <2 miles at a fast pace), and trying to find a running buddy is difficult.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    getting up at 430am to make sure I'm back in by 6am.

Also my wife works a swing shift every other week so I run laps around my lane with a baby monitor.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I hate it when a little 100 pound runner wants to challenge a 200 pound guy going 20 mph on a bike... qblo0oqi9y77.gif

In all honest My biggest pet peeve is living in the Miami Valley you cannot go anywhere without running up a hill somewhere. I just want a big long flat run.

But what I do love about running is the pride in finishing a good long run, or crossing that line in a 10K or 1/2 marathon.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My favorite headphones bit the dust a couple of months ago, and I can't find replacements that work well. I've tried just about every combination of in-ear and on-ear, wired and wireless, cheap and expensive... the in-ears don't stay in and the on-ears don't stay on... the wired tend to cause my phone to do crazy things during a run and the wireless tend to cut out... I must've tried 10 different pairs, and I haven't found one yet that doesn't distract me from what should be an otherwise enjoyable experience.

That, and the more 'entitled' cyclists...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I hate running by cyclists, knowing that they're having more fun than I am, and that I could be on a bike, too. :neutral:
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My favorite headphones bit the dust a couple of months ago, and I can't find replacements that work well. I've tried just about every combination of in-ear and on-ear, wired and wireless, cheap and expensive... the in-ears don't stay in and the on-ears don't stay on... the wired tend to cause my phone to do crazy things during a run and the wireless tend to cut out... I must've tried 10 different pairs, and I haven't found one yet that doesn't distract me from what should be an otherwise enjoyable experience.

I just started using Bose In-Ear Sports Headphones and find they are good quality and actually stay in my ears
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

I just started using Bose In-Ear Sports Headphones and find they are good quality and actually stay in my ears

Thanks for the tip @Will_Run_for_Food... I'll give them a try! :)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    I hate running by cyclists, knowing that they're having more fun than I am, and that I could be on a bike, too. :neutral:

c09e50b8be45d439abcc8cbb219dd2bd.jpg

Thank you this is wonderful! It describes how I feel when I run perfectly. Consider it stolen.

Ironic, too, considering. But so awesome. :smile:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Yeah but a storm blew a huge tree down in the middle of the trail the day before yesterday. I ran up to it as a dude on a bike was turning around and went under a large limb, over another piece and then continued running. He just gave me a thumbs up. Trail? I don't need no stinking trail to run.