Is Coke Zero

Bad for me?

Replies

• Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Not necessarily. I asked my dr about it since I mostly drink Diet Coke when I eat out, and his response was as long as I was eating something when I drank it, then it shouldn't be a problem. The issue was if it's consumed on an empty stomach, the "sweet" response your body has (ie producing insulin) will lower your blood sugar, despite not having real sugars in the drink.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    You're going to get a thousand different responses. From here and online blogs/reports.

Personally I haven't had a sugary or carbonated soft drink in over 2 years. But I know there are people on here that drink Diet drinks frequently and still have fantastic weight loss stories.

My Wife is allergic to artificial sweeteners so for us it's just easier to keep it out of the house and off the dinner table.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    No.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 429 Member
    All things in moderation if you insist, but I always think of my husband's response that it is a great cleaner to dissolve acid corrosion off of a battery terminal. Hmmm~
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    michellesz wrote: »
    All things in moderation if you insist, but I always think of my husband's response that it is a great cleaner to dissolve acid corrosion off of a battery terminal. Hmmm~

And I use vinegar to remove soap scrum and hard water build-up. *shrug*
  • CincyNeid
    JaneSnowe wrote: »

I use Salt and Potatoes to clean my grill.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Bad for me?

Some people may see increased bloating, migraines, or increased cravings because of artificial sweeteners (though that last can be counteracted by tracking calories). Those people should probably avoid diet soda, though they can weigh the pros and cons for themselves and come to their own decisions. If you don't have any of those issues, then it's entirely about your preferences.
  • JaneSnowe
    CincyNeid wrote: »

Just imagine what potato chips must do to your insides!!
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    I know for sure it's bad for the kidneys. It became off limits for me 2 yrs ago because of its high phosphorus content. I still don't drink colas.
  • CincyNeid

I guess when I'm "clean eating" I'm going to eat Potato Chips 24/7 for a week.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

SOLD!
  • JaneSnowe

Get the salt & vinegar flavored ones and you'll be squeaky clean!