Trouble after baby

Options
I have a 9 month old baby. And at first after having her I had lost all 30lbs of baby weight. But now I have gained it all back and I feel so ashamed of myself. So I took it upon myself to start over again eating healthy and exercising regularly. Also what are your thoughts on the garcinia cambogia pill?

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Garcinia cambogia is a bunch of woo that morons like Dr. Oz push on people who are gullible enough to believe it will make them magically lose 30 lbs in two months or something.

Outside of that, I have an 8 month old and have successfully lost over 60 lbs since delivery (but I gained about 65, so I'm still not at pre-baby weight just yet).

Don't buy into the weight loss diet pills, shakes, etc. Just make sure you set your MFP correctly and eat at/below your calorie goal each day. If you exercise, eat back 50% - 75% of the calories it gives you. Take it one day at a time and you'll see results.

Best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • michellegetfit14
    michellegetfit14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Awesome job on your weight loss by the way! That's amazing

• beliaamerica
    beliaamerica Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Let me start off by i love your picture its so cute.
    Dont give yourself such a hard time,like you said your baby is only 9months .it hasnt been that long.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Awesome job on your weight loss by the way! That's amazing

Thank you - and you're very welcome. I weighed in at 240+ at delivery (didn't want to know!) - but I count 210 as my "starting weight", as that was my 6 week postpartum weight. I'm currently at 179.8 and my goal is 135. Feel free to send me a FR if you'd like! ;)
  • michellegetfit14
    Options
    Let me start off by i love your picture its so cute.
    Dont give yourself such a hard time,like you said your baby is only 9months .it hasnt been that long.

It feels like it's been forever! And thank you
  • shumm090
    shumm090 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cute picture! Give it some time. Set MFP up right and follow whatvit tells you. My little lady is 18 months and I still have 8 pounds to goal weight ( gained over 60 during pregnancy). It takes time. Good luck. Feel free to friend request.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I hear you. Although I never lost the baby weight minus 15 lbs that came off after delivery. It's my fault, though. I weigh my food but then I just....give up and stop weighing and just eat whatever I want. It took me a while to realize I can't have certain foods around me.

So def. weigh and measure your food with a food scale.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have a 9 month old baby. And at first after having her I had lost all 30lbs of baby weight. But now I have gained it all back and I feel so ashamed of myself. So I took it upon myself to start over again eating healthy and exercising regularly. Also what are your thoughts on the garcinia cambogia pill?

That exact thing happened to me but now my baby is 16 months and not only have I lost the baby weight but I'm more than half way to my goal in general.

Diet pills are all garbage...I promise, when one is invented that works it will be the headline of every newspaper and television show. It will be screamed from the rooftops and will not be a 'well kept secret'.

I don't know if you're nursing, if you are that changes things, but enter your info into mfp, find your deficit of choice, then take your baby out for an hour or two to earn extra food if you need it.

Babies loves long walks, they also seem to love the daycare at the gym, I've tried to up my general activity level by playing with him and tidying up more than I used to.

Good luck with everything!
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree w the above poster that I've been logging but by the end of the day I'm to tired to care. I have a 9 month old and 3.5 year old who nurse (the latter only twice a day) but waking up at night does a number on my ability to have self control around food. And some stuff-like Oreos!-I can't have any or I have to have at least six. It's frustrating. With my first three it all seemed a lot easier, maybe my discipline went out the window when number 4 came ;-)
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Do not go for the diet pills! It is a bit harder after having a baby because you are tired and constantly caring for others instead of yourself. What I found helpful was prepping food ahead of time while the baby is napping or my husband watching so that when it is time to eat I just need to pop something in the microwave. I did a lot more nighttime binging when I had smaller kids, I think it was my way to relax once the kids were finally in bed. But you have to find other ways to relax, such as taking a bath, reading a book, painting your nails or just go to sleep!! You need to take care of yourself too, not just your baby!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Aww what an adorable little girl!

I also gained after both my pregnancies. I left the hospital after my daughter at pre-preg weight (had only gained 18lbs), then went up 10lbs in the months after. Finally shifted that 10, got pregnant again, gained 35 (!!) with my son. Left the hospital 25lbs lighter (he was a big baby, and I had a LOT of fluid), then my weight started creeeeping back up. After 5lbs I said "NOPE not again" and did something about it.

I think it's because I continue eating as if I'm pregnant even after I've had the baby. So glad I'm nipping it in the bud, but even my pre-preg weight is overweight so I have a lot of work to do!
  • catlynnl
    catlynnl Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't think 9 months is enough time for your hormones to have leveled off. Go slow and give yourself a break. (If baby isn't sleeping well, it might be a bit more challenging as well.)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Look, my youngest is 27 years old and I still havent lost the baby weight!! Is that long enough to expect some results!!! Seriously, MFP has helped me in the last 9 months to get my weight under control and to finally lose the pounds I have been meaning to ditch for sooooo long. Have patience and practice commitment and you will reach your goals - dont wait like I did, do it for yourself and your new little one now.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    at only 9months PP your body is still retaining alot of pregnancy water too, you need to allow your body to recover from growing a tiny human and 9months although feels along time really isnt when you have had a baby

stick at it and the results will happen
  • michellegetfit14
    Options

I also gained after both my pregnancies. I left the hospital after my daughter at pre-preg weight (had only gained 18lbs), then went up 10lbs in the months after. Finally shifted that 10, got pregnant again, gained 35 (!!) with my son. Left the hospital 25lbs lighter (he was a big baby, and I had a LOT of fluid), then my weight started creeeeping back up. After 5lbs I said "NOPE not again" and did something about it.

I think it's because I continue eating as if I'm pregnant even after I've had the baby. So glad I'm nipping it in the bud, but even my pre-preg weight is overweight so I have a lot of work to do!

My pre preg weight was overweight as well so now I'm even more overweight than I was before. I'm just happy I took the chance and now I'm going to the gym every ugly and trying so hard to eat healthy and track my calories.
  • michellegetfit14
    Options
    catlynnl wrote: »
    I don't think 9 months is enough time for your hormones to have leveled off. Go slow and give yourself a break. (If baby isn't sleeping well, it might be a bit more challenging as well.)

Really wish I had an excuse to be tired but I don't cause she sleeps all night