What people who love running hate about running

Options

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I hate it when a little 100 pound runner wants to challenge a 200 pound guy going 20 mph on a bike... qblo0oqi9y77.gif

In all honest My biggest pet peeve is living in the Miami Valley you cannot go anywhere without running up a hill somewhere. I just want a big long flat run.

But what I do love about running is the pride in finishing a good long run, or crossing that line in a 10K or 1/2 marathon.

transport-cyclist-sidewalk-walking_stick-walking_sticks-grumps-kmhn644_low.jpg
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The laundry. It's like a never-ending battle.

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I usually run on a treadmill at the gym, and the boredom... Even having a bank of TVs in front of me, it gets old fast.

(Yes, yes, running outside is more interesting, but it's often just not in the cards.)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Buying a new pair of shoes every 4-6wks.
    I run a lot.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    1. Having to play chicken with the middle aged recumbent bicyclists who ride around my neighbourhood.

2. The one blind corner on my route where EVERY oncoming car crosses the solid white line into the shoulder - which is exactly where I am plodding with my jogging stroller, thanks for the heart attack.

3. Dogs who run full pelt towards me, barking terrifyingly, then stop short juuust at the edge of their lawn to continue barking at me.

4. Sprinkler-dodging.

5. Having to double back because my son chucked his favourite toy out about 1/2 mile back.

I love running, really do.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    When I want to run but my legs don't.
    Also, sunburn. Sometimes I'm dumb and forget sunscreen. Like yesterday. Ow.
  • hankpick77
    hankpick77 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    That there is no cool time of the day to run in July/August in Texas
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    The first 10 minutes of every run. I just hate those 10 minutes. If I can push through them, it turns to love....

I hear you!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    hankpick77 wrote: »
    That there is no cool time of the day to run in July/August in Texas

Same here in Oklahoma
  • jdgboxing
    jdgboxing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No music. I got to have music
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    The guy in the super short,shorts ( who also is usually shirtless to show off his bone structure )
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Trail runner here...My pet peeves are:
    1. Inconsiderate mountain bikers who don't care about the safety of others on multi-use trails (one hit me and knocked me into the bushes; then started to ride off without checking to see how badly I was injured)
    2. People who step to the left when you holler out, "runner on your left!"
    3. Kids who drag and kick their feet on very dusty trails creating a dust cloud
    4. Dog owners who violate the lease laws and leave their bags of dog poop on the side of the trails
    4. My too long second toe that is forever getting blood blistered on the downhill runs.
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    My favorite headphones bit the dust a couple of months ago, and I can't find replacements that work well. I've tried just about every combination of in-ear and on-ear, wired and wireless, cheap and expensive... the in-ears don't stay in and the on-ears don't stay on... the wired tend to cause my phone to do crazy things during a run and the wireless tend to cut out... I must've tried 10 different pairs, and I haven't found one yet that doesn't distract me from what should be an otherwise enjoyable experience.

That, and the more 'entitled' cyclists...

I am using Sennheiser in ears and I have to say that they are the best ear phones I have ever owned. I highly recommend them. They stay in place!

• LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Chafing - for sure
    The first 3 km when all I can think is "why the hell am I doing this?"
    Foot burning/pain
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    what i hate about running is going for a walk later in the day and seeing other runners and feeling some desperate need to shout "I had my run earlier! I am a runner too. just not now. Normally i run. yes, i run."

hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Chafing sucks!

I run where I can't get my head right. Those are the worst cause every min that goes by you want to quit.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Getting stuck halfway out from a run only to have an injury flare up and be forced to walk back the rest of the way
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    -the first 1-2km always sucks...always!!
    - Getting Gawked at (...Yes, they are breasts and they move, now *kitten* off!)
    - weird tan lines from the tank tops and the 'racing stripe' I get from my capri's to my sock/shoe line
    - running with people who want to talk,....gah! Its all I can do to keep going "No Talkie unless you wanna Walkie"
    - When I cant run =)
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    (I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who thinks the first two miles suck. :) )
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Getting asked for directions by lost truck drivers.