Dumped by my Boyfriend

Options
2»

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    ok sorry totally off subject.....but your ticker looks like your kitty is licking the fishy! lol made me smile.... :0)

Haha, just noticed.. too cute!!!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    <<hugs>> On a side note, think of it as a NSV!!! you lost XX amount of dead weight- him!!! :laugh:

If I knew where you lived I would pick you up to go running, ok- jogging, well, mostly walking (since I just start jogging 90 seconds straight ) and I really don't think that you want to deal with my fat butt sprawled on the floor gasping for air! <hopefully that visual made you laugh!>>

Keep your head up- you are worth sooooo much more! :flowerforyou:
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It always helps me to go running do some kinda physical activity to keep my mind off of it. Or I cuddle up in bed get comfy to the point where i dont want to move so its less appealing to eat cause id have to get up to get it. Be strong!!!!
  • DesertMirage
    DesertMirage Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OMG ha ha ha I never even noticed that!! xD ok that just made me giggle uncontrollably. Mostly because Abbey is passed out right next to me with a similar expression on her face. She's my run around the house being stupid throwing a toy mose then having to dig it out from under the sofa partner in crime.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Yup. Dumped 2 weeks ago (although he's coming over this week so we can talk it out) and I ended up losing my appetite and didn't get it back until about 2 days ago. Unhealthy regardless, and I'm happy to be back on track. No man (or woman) should ever affect your goal of getting healthy (easier said than done). I suggest drinking a couple bottles of water whenever you get the craving to eat extra.

And if all else fails, they say the best way to get over one guy is to get under another... ;-)
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ... a bottle of wine.
    ... sad music... and cry.
    eventually you'll pass out ... the wine will help you fall asleep at least for tonight.

tonight..
    you need it.

just tonight.
    I wish i could say it'd be alright but honestly I don't know. all relationships are different. when my boyfriend and i broke up for a couple days even I felt empty
    like something snapped in me and i just... a piece of me died.
    Its not something you get over easily whether you get back together or not... all you can do is take it day by day and hope it at least gets better enough that you can get thru your days without crying or doing something damaging.

you can always vent to us on here.

and though many would say i'm wrong i don't care man i recommend a bottle of wine.
    the whole bottle.
    just cry it out and stay away from the food it'll make your tummy hurt more.
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    <<hugs>> On a side note, think of it as a NSV!!! you lost XX amount of dead weight- him!!! :laugh:

If I knew where you lived I would pick you up to go running, ok- jogging, well, mostly walking (since I just start jogging 90 seconds straight ) and I really don't think that you want to deal with my fat butt sprawled on the floor gasping for air! <hopefully that visual made you laugh!>>

Keep your head up- you are worth sooooo much more! :flowerforyou:

I'd go running/jogging/walking with you any time. Thank you.
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Zero Hour:

Feels like: Crap

Eating habit: Hasn't changed yet. Resisted chocolate though.

What I'm doing to combat 'feels like' emotion: Drinking a ton of water and jogging up and down stairs.

Sleep: None as of now.

Ultimate Goal: To feel good about myself and not feel hurt.

Baby Step Goal: Keep eating normally and exercise more.
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound cliche, but you're 20 years old. He did you a favour. You can now play the field, trying on a bunch of dates for size. See what fits. Cause honey, if he's not bowing at your feet, thinking you are the best thing that every happened to him, he's not Mr. Right. Now, you're free to find that. In the meantime, heal your heart with good food and exercise and time. And if you're still upset in a few weeks, remember being happy and hot is the best revenge! Use this to motivate yourself, not fall off the wagon!!!!!

i'm sorry.. this is going to sound btchy.. but WHAT is wrong with us as women ... IF YOURE SAD CRY OR GO FOR A RUN... god indulge a little treat yourself make yourself feel like you're still special.. you don't HAVE to play the feild my god not all of us are *kitten* who have to fck every man we see to get over another one. and JUST because your younger doesn't mean thats what you should be doing anyway. MEN are people too believe it or not so doing that is hurtful. if youre just using a guy to get over another .. how on earth do you think that might make that guy feel? not all men are spineless brainless sex monsters and not all women are gods gift so to speak.
    cry it out...
    take care of yourself don't throw yourself into the single social scene of hooking up just to escape the pain... that just like stuffing your face w food or candy will only make you feel worse... and worthless. which you are not.

sweetie you're going to be okay. just give yourself time to heal... hopefully you guys can work it out so that its at least not a bad end if it ends completely.

we don't need enemies in life...

btw... i lvoe your kitty..
    so so cute. here... this is to cheer you up a little ... since maybe just maybe you love kitties too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blVEC0ERdnE kitty really loves his food
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound cliche, but you're 20 years old. He did you a favour. You can now play the field, trying on a bunch of dates for size. See what fits. Cause honey, if he's not bowing at your feet, thinking you are the best thing that every happened to him, he's not Mr. Right. Now, you're free to find that. In the meantime, heal your heart with good food and exercise and time. And if you're still upset in a few weeks, remember being happy and hot is the best revenge! Use this to motivate yourself, not fall off the wagon!!!!!

If I may.... Here's another point of view:

I had been thinking this way about my last break-up until (1) I did a LOT of soul-searching & deiscovered that my dear one was much more vulnerable than I could ever have imagined & that it was, in fact, ME who had done the hurting. and (2) someone new came into my life who worships me etc. etc. but who REALLY has other motivations having to do more with money & status & ego.

So - I agree with Suzy Cream Cheese - have a tiny bit of chocolate & MAKE SURE YOU JOURNAL IT if you think it will help you. Then, get set for months and months of analyzing your behavior. so that you can determine if you also need to tinker with other parts of Self while you also re-build your body....
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options

i'm sorry.. this is going to sound btchy.. but WHAT is wrong with us as women ... IF YOURE SAD CRY OR GO FOR A RUN... god indulge a little treat yourself make yourself feel like you're still special.. you don't HAVE to play the feild my god not all of us are *kitten* who have to fck every man we see to get over another one. and JUST because your younger doesn't mean thats what you should be doing anyway. MEN are people too believe it or not so doing that is hurtful. if youre just using a guy to get over another .. how on earth do you think that might make that guy feel? not all men are spineless brainless sex monsters and not all women are gods gift so to speak.
    cry it out...
    take care of yourself don't throw yourself into the single social scene of hooking up just to escape the pain... that just like stuffing your face w food or candy will only make you feel worse... and worthless. which you are not.

sweetie you're going to be okay. just give yourself time to heal... hopefully you guys can work it out so that its at least not a bad end if it ends completely.

we don't need enemies in life...

btw... i lvoe your kitty..
    so so cute. here... this is to cheer you up a little ... since maybe just maybe you love kitties too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blVEC0ERdnE kitty really loves his food

Wow. Holy misinterpretation. I honestly don't know how you read a point that he's not Mr. Right and that now she is free to play the field to find someone who is right and turn it into some kind of advice to *kitten* around. It says nothing of the sort. I honestly don't know what kind of world you live in, but in my world, dating and finding the right fit doesn't mean hooking up or having sex with a bunch of guys. It's actually a bit disturbing that you took a totally non-sexual reply and sexualized it to that extent. Since the OP responded very favourably to my reply, I'm going to assume she didn't grossly misinterpret my response in the least. And since my reply was in fact a show of support to HER that she genuinely seemed to appreciate, I'm ok with it.
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Uh thanks for the advice. ^_^ don't fight please. I'm kind of sad but I'll be fine eventually. It's just getting over the hurt right now that's the problem. And I don't need to cry it out. Or drink a bottle of wine. I need to pull myself back into normalcy by doing things I enjoy and channeling my frustrations into something else. Like for one example my weight loss. The chocolate is still un touched and my elliptical is calling. :) thank you for all your kind words.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Uh thanks for the advice. ^_^ don't fight please. I'm kind of sad but I'll be fine eventually. It's just getting over the hurt right now that's the problem. And I don't need to cry it out. Or drink a bottle of wine. I need to pull myself back into normalcy by doing things I enjoy and channeling my frustrations into something else. Like for one example my weight loss. The chocolate is still un touched and my elliptical is calling. :) thank you for all your kind words.

Way to go. Proud of you!
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Day 1:

Feels like: Meh

Eating habit: Was a little on the light side at the beginning but regained my appetite and has a slice of apple pie :P

What I'm doing to combat 'feels like' emotion: Went to the mall and walked around while hanging out with friends and bought a new cute dress. At full price from Freepeople which I NEVER do. I love their stuff but it's expensive.

Sleep: Uhhhhh, I got about an hour or so.

Baby Step Goal: To go to a BBQ tomorrow at a friends and feel like a confident woman in a new dress and heels.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you had a successful shopping trip with friends, retail therapy is VASTLY underrated, in my opinion. Usually works wonders for me and others that I know.

So I agree with the general sentiment of other posts here, which is to keep working on and focusing on yourself. I don't know how old your ex is, but assuming he is close to your age, when he grows up (which could take a while, lol), he will see you and realize what an idiot he was. But by that time, you'll already have found a great guy who treats you right and makes you feel even happier with your life.

Keep us posted on the process, and have a good time rocking the new dress tomorrow!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got dumped and you can't sleep...but it looks like your cat and my cat could be long lost cousins. :laugh:
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Sorry you got dumped and you can't sleep...but it looks like your cat and my cat could be long lost cousins. :laugh:
    *snicker* Thanks and AW yes! It seems Abbey found her family. Maybe not she'll stop sucking on her tail.
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Day 2:

Feels like: Giddy

Eating habit: Ate a lot at the BBQ

What I'm doing to combat 'feels like' emotion: Went to a BBQ, got hit on the whole time and it felt great. I hate to say this but after someone strings you along and makes you feel like your not worth it, having people laugh with you and make a few passes is a nice confidence booster.

Sleep: Still not working out so well, maybe 2 hours? AND I have Calc starting tomorrow at 8am.. JOY... why do I torture myself over the summer.

Baby Step Goal: To be awake and alert during class since I'm a day dreamer and math and I have a mutual hate for one another.
  • DesertMirage
    Options
    Day 3:

Feels like: Tired

Eating habit: 8am to 11am calc class. 3pm to 12:15am work... dead

What I'm doing to combat 'feels like' emotion: Worked myself to the bone and was so busy I barely had time to think about HIM.

Sleep: I'm just about giving up on sleep, I did nap for two hours though.

Baby Step Goal: To enjoy my day off from work and nurse the massive burn on my leg from the BBQ. :P