Long time no see.

Options
ajnb88
ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
So I haven't been on MFP in months. I gave up with my diet as I just couldn't bear to try and calculate my calories and macros without a somewhat accurate TDEE to start with.

Having said that, I've stepped up my training, and kept most of my habits that I developed with MFP's help when I did track. Now I have a Fitbit, I'm hoping to get a better idea of my TDEE and thus, hopefully, start to gain weight.

Anyhoo, for those that don't remember me, I started off obese (according to various sources) at 105kg. I basically became anorexic and starved myself for two years, then realised what I was doing was very bad, and have been trying to gain (healthy) weight since.

Fat me:

jvxqe5zud99l.jpeg

Skinny me:
h75ume53paky.jpeg

Current me:
7ipo8z9vbgrx.jpeg

Replies

• nanainlaca
    nanainlaca Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding a more healthy balance. Looking great!
  • Shadyhuero805
    Shadyhuero805 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How long did it take
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What a complicated and wonderful transformation. Less isn't always more, huh :)
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You looked great before but current you is smoking! Wow great job!
  • ajnb88
    Options
    How long did it take

These pictures are two years apart, the first is 2012, second is 2014, third is now. In terms of time to lose weight, it actually only took me about 9-12 months maybe? With the bulk of the weight coming off in about 6 months. I was starving myself. Lost almost 35kg.
  • ajnb88
    Options
    MrsMizzart wrote: »
    Current me is looking good lad :-)
    caprice721 wrote: »
    Congrats on finding a more healthy balance. Looking great!
    You looked great before but current you is smoking! Wow great job!

Thanks ☺️
    What a complicated and wonderful transformation. Less isn't always more, huh :)

Definitely not. I was so happy to lose so much weight, but in the second photo I still wanted to lose more. I was eating hardly anything and doing hours of cardio, and it was only later that I realised just how skinny I was getting.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow- what a story. Thanks for sharing. You look great!! It appears that you have found your balance and you should be very proud of yourself!! Keep it up :)
  • tonyberwald
    tonyberwald Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Very nice work...and even better job getting your life in order!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Really nice work! Congratulations
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are like baby bear in the goldilocks tale - just right :) I don't mean to trivialize your journey- it sounds like you've had a lot of ups and downs. So good to see someone finding that healthy middle ground. You looks and sound like you're in a great place :) Congratulations!
  • ajnb88
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone :) I've been using my Fitbit for a couple days now, and both days it seems to suggest that MFP's guesstimate for my calorie expenditure is pretty damn close. I'll give it a few more days to confirm, then I might start tracking again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!