Weight loss

Options
Hey , Been working out and has lost inches and a few pounds so far but I am hoping to lose weight to my stomach only but no were else.Any advice on making that my main focus?

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try readng the ABS diet..it focuses on losing belly fat and is healthy. Good luck
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you can ever really spot reduce. Just try to lose overall body fat, and then working on toning the muscles underneath.

Honestly though (and I don't sell the stuff) Turbo Fire has been the best ab workout for me. It's a little expensive though, $120 for 10 DVDS but yeah, it's been great on my abs.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't target one area to lose fat. Your body will burn fat from the areas IT chooses to burn it from. Eventually, it WILL take from your belly, but in my experience it takes quite awhile. I'm pretty much down to only having fat in my belly and hips. I've burned it everywhere else. I've been at this quite awhile and have FINALLY seen a huge difference in my belly in the last few months.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    the body loses weight from the extremities to the core last(where the abs are) because its trying to protect the core. Doing crunches will help with your abs specifically but you will still lose in other places too!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    ok just don't wanna lose the butt , lol
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    ok just don't wanna lose the butt , lol

You may lose it and boobs. Those seem to be 2 things women complain about on here. Personally, I never had a butt - so I didn't have to worry about losing it. lol. I had a breast reduction - so my boobs aren't going anywhere (they aren't fatty anymore).
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You cant really spot reduce. To put it in prospective have you ever seen a 500 lb person with a six pack? If you want to tone, you tone all over
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    ok true good point but just to make sure won't become flat though I Hope?
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    cause thats what im worried about don't wanna turn flat completely
  • Cassielfsw
    Cassielfsw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Even though it's not possible to spot reduce ONLY your tummy and lose no fat from your breasts, the reverse is also true. You will lose fat all over, not just your breasts. It's unlikely you'll turn completely flat unless you pretty much were flat already.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    never been flat just worried from working out will become that way don't want that at all
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you'll lose.

I've got a tummy too, and will probably lose what's left of my butt in the process of losing it. I've got more than enough boobage.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    ok but just to put my mind at rest working out won't make the but completely flat?
  • gnat45
    Options
    It's calorie reduction that you make you lose fat & that could make you become flat. It depends in part in how far away from flat you are.

But you might have to choose between having a flat stomach and having a butt.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    always had a big but for someone with a fairly small frame not so small on the frame no more since I got older and my metabolism dropped just don't want it to be flat to the point were I look like a stick figure , still wanna be curvy just wanting to lose a a few pounds
  • gnat45
    Options
    You don't have to be a stick figure. If you start losing to much, just increase cals and decrease cardio. I don't plan to be a stick either.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    ok good sure will you been very helpful =)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The only thing to do is to give it a go and see how your body responds. We are all a different shape and lose weight differently.
    For me.... I think the sand is sliding through the hourglass and coming to rest in my butt! I liked my even figure, now I'm feeling a bit top heavy, but will just have to give it time and see how it evens out as I lose a few more kilos and tone up more.
    I think the best thing to do would be to focus on exercise rather than food - this will give you the best chance of getting/keeping nice toned muscles and less flabby bits.
  • Lauren38570
    Options
    ok cool , if I can get down to atleast 130 i'd be happy lol
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you do spinning, it may actually help you lose weight and keep your butt, but in better shape. A lot people I know say spinning helps them shape their butt!