Damn bikinis....

Options
I recently purchased a trip with one of my bestest girlfriends to Cuba. We don't go until November, but I wanted to go peek for some swimsuits. Now, I know I don't have this amazing body so I opted for the tankini. I have one I purchased last summer but its way too big now. I went into 3 stores and felt defeat in each one. I know I shouldn't feel this way, as I have come such a long way but I couldn't help it. Each time I would start to look at the bathing suits, some beautiful bodied females would come over and start picking at the skimpiest suits. It made me feel really fat for some reason.

I know my body will never look like thiers and I am fully okay with that, but somehow thier mere presence made me feel ashamed of looking at the swimsuits. I can't quite put my finger on why it bothered me so much, or why it made me feel that way... but I didn't like it. Maybe someone can help me make some sense of it...

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    personally I am impressed that you have lost so much weight. That is incredible. Don't let them define you, you have all ready redefined yourself. Go in confidence. you rock!
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    HOnestly dont feel sad you lost a lot of weight. And dont say you cant reach what you want. YOu lost 88LBS. thats huge SUPER HUGE. If you can do that you can do what ever you set your mind on and it shows. Your a goal getter. Peace love and no chicken grease maybe season chicken :).
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what any of us say to you, you'll still feel the same way about the "skinny *****", LOL.
    That said, you worked hard, lost a lot of weight and look fantastic! Remember that!
    Congrats!
    R
  • Morzik
    Morzik Posts: 3
    Options
    You need to feel comfortable in your own skin until then you'll always feel like less. You're not, you just have a different body type and more curves that those girls who are just flat bricks :P
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey, hey you! YES YOU! I actually posted about something pertaining to bikinis on my blog. Take a looksie. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/niavalentino/view/bikini-body-torture-110776
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You have lost 88 lbs. Be proud of yourself.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Congratulations on the super job you've done so far! As for the fact that you have a tankini that is TOO Big for you...OMG - how awesome is that!? So you aren't down to your goal yet - you look great - and you will get there eventually.

I am remembering something I saw from Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Don't worry about what other people look like - you are WORTH that new bathing suit, and you're going to rock it out.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!! I appreciate all the kind words. I am always trying to help motivate others to reach for the stars with thier goals that I think I sometimes forget I need a little encouragement too.

Thanks a bunch!! :)
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way when I go shopping with my 19 year old daughter. She weighs 115 pounds. We will see a shirt or something we both think is cute, but once she tries it on it ruins it for me. Whether she buys it or not, just seeing her in it, I know it wont look that good on me.