ideal v realistic eaters / feel worse about myself

Options
124»

Replies

• Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    I've been looking at other people's food diaries for inspiration & practically feel food shamed.

Everybody seems to be eating organic this, wheat grass that, 1/2 tsp of dressing on a bowl of kale salad,.

I'm never gonna eat that. Ever, no matter what.

My diary contains food I bought at my local grocery store. It includes the bad stuff. Yes, I ate chips yesterday. I had several drinks at a party over the holiday weekend & pigged out at another BBQ.

I had a smoothie for breakfast today but many of you would probably tell me I had 2 based on the portion size. Fine. It's still better then the can of regular Pepsi & a donut I had for breakfast every day for the past 20 years. My plan for lunch today is a Greek yogurt & a granola bar; again a major positive change from the pizza & McDonald's I've regularly eaten. For dinner I'm planning grilled chicken breast, an ear of corn (yes, with butter) and maybe a baked potato, again with butter & a sprinkle of salt & pepper. That has always been a pretty typical dinner; I'm just paying attention to the size of the chicken & how much butter I use, plus drinking water not wine.

I think I'm improving but parts of this site make me feel WORSE about myself because I'm not eating perfectly.

How do I find diaries & people I can relate to more?

Well, uniformed diaries would be quite a bore. Keep doing what you're doing because it looks like you have made a positive change in your diet.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cronus70 wrote: »
    I buy bags and bags of kale.......the rabbits love the stuff

Wow, either kale is a lot cheaper where you live or that is really expensive rabbit food. My chickens love it too, but I grow it for them (and us ;)).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I keep it simple. Yesterday I ate 3 snack bags of chips. Because I couldn't stop at one. Hahah. Not my best moment. But I eat out a lot too. Nothing too fancy.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If I've ever eaten anything organic, it was totally by accident. I'm not a big fan of butter on my food, but I like ice cream, and peanut butter, I have some or both almost every day. I do love me some kale though.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    I've been looking at other people's food diaries for inspiration & practically feel food shamed.

Everybody seems to be eating organic this, wheat grass that, 1/2 tsp of dressing on a bowl of kale salad,.

I'm never gonna eat that. Ever, no matter what.

My diary contains food I bought at my local grocery store. It includes the bad stuff. Yes, I ate chips yesterday. I had several drinks at a party over the holiday weekend & pigged out at another BBQ.

I had a smoothie for breakfast today but many of you would probably tell me I had 2 based on the portion size. Fine. It's still better then the can of regular Pepsi & a donut I had for breakfast every day for the past 20 years. My plan for lunch today is a Greek yogurt & a granola bar; again a major positive change from the pizza & McDonald's I've regularly eaten. For dinner I'm planning grilled chicken breast, an ear of corn (yes, with butter) and maybe a baked potato, again with butter & a sprinkle of salt & pepper. That has always been a pretty typical dinner; I'm just paying attention to the size of the chicken & how much butter I use, plus drinking water not wine.

I think I'm improving but parts of this site make me feel WORSE about myself because I'm not eating perfectly.

How do I find diaries & people I can relate to more?

I dont eat so clean compared to other ppl on here so you can look through my dairy. I have stuff like tacos dorados,tostadas, mole,chorizo. Im Mexican so its hard to be without tortillas. I try to eat the heavy stuff early and I know how you feel I hate veggies and fruits but I know if I want to see results I need to add them in my diet. I've been trying to avoid fast food also because that was my usual diet I'm not used to eating at home but I'm trying to work on it.

I'm not Mexican but love variations on the stuff you eat day in day out because it's so easy to cram full of veg and pulses without becoming somewhat worthy.

I'm a big fan of spices, anyhow. Dinner tonight was a lovely yellow courgette, sauteed with streaky bacon, seasoned with sage, chilli and garlic, splash of white wine added and a tin of chopped tomatoes, served with linguini ( I usually allow about 50g dry weight pasta and don't eat the whole wheat stuff because I hate it) and a load of parmesan.

Delicious normal food and I feel quite stuffed. All of 400 kcal for my bowl full.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No such thing as perfect or better. We all have different backgrounds, tastes, lifestyles. I have a dairy allergy and I still ate a dairy based dressing tonight because it is my favorite and sometimes I don’t care. ;)

You do you. I'll do me.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I eat meals I make from food bought from the grocery store. I eat out most weekdays for lunch and sometimes have McDonald's for breakfast. I do watch my carbs in addition to my calories but if I want ice cream, I have ice cream.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    You can go ahead and look at mine if you want... I just spent almost 500 of my 1800 calories on a donut today (and I REGRET NOTHING!!!!) :smiley:
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Comparison.jpg.jpg
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    cronus70 wrote: »
    I buy bags and bags of kale.......the rabbits love the stuff

Wow, either kale is a lot cheaper where you live or that is really expensive rabbit food. My chickens love it too, but I grow it for them (and us ;)).

1,50 € für 600 g frozen here.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    For me, I tend to eat rubbish. Or try to eat nutritious or low calorie foods. I can't do both. I cant 'fit in some ice cream'. I don't want a tablespoon of ice cream, I want a tub of ice cream. So mostly I just don't bother.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I say eat whatever you want and don't worry as much about what others are eating. If you're making improvements, then that's all that matters. I'd much rather eat food that has flavor than "eat clean". Because dang it, if I want my baked potato with butter and sour cream, I refuse to feel guilty. Allowing myself to eat foods I love is what has helped me lose the weight and not binge because of restrictions.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Eh, I agree with what others have said. It's not nearly so much about what you eat as your overall deficit and finding something that is sustainable for you. Mind you, it IS a good idea to eat fruits and vegetables and meet those macro and micro nutrient goals. But one of my favorite phrases I've read on here is (though I'm going to butcher this when I try to paraphase) that there is no prize for eating "clean" above and beyond these nutritional goals.

I try to get in my protein, my fats, my fiber, eat some veggies (not as much as I should..) but beyond that I'm not going to punish myself or feel guilty if I eat a bowl of ice cream or a candy bar or potato chips, etc, etc. I plan on doing this for the rest of my life. I need to find a way of eating, therefore, that I can sustain for the rest of my life without hating myself, everyone around me, and ultimately going to jail for murdering someone in a fit of hanger.