From 388 to 215.. and still going. It's been quite a ride.

Options
MalkinMagic71
MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
So backstory. I'm 33 years old about 5' 11". I was heavier as a kid, but really put on the weight in my mid to late 20's. I at fast food every day, had no portion control, at large pizzas and a 2 liter of pop in a sitting. It was bad. I never really realized how bad it was. Yeah I was on blood pressure medication etc, but it never really scared me so to say. I was content being "the fat guy" in my group of friends...

Needless to say last october reality set in. My PCP basically told me that if I didn't change my ways I would probably be dead in 5 years. That is what it took me for to start losing weight.. fear of death.

I started off just doing smaller things... not eating out every day, switching to coke zero instead of regular coke, watching portion control, using a food scale to weight things out properly etc. It was hard at first. I hated it, and my body seemed to hate me because I wasn't feeding it all the crap I used to. I sat back one day and counted up the calories I used to eat on a daily basis and it was easily in excess of 3000 to 3500 calories a day. That is scary. It seems so weird now that I used to eat that much, but I did.

So as the weight started to drop, I decided I needed to try and exercise and get moving. Before I could not walk more than a block without being winded to the point of needing to sit down. It was awful and embarrassing. I started to just try to walk 5-10 minutes a day. When I got my first stationary bike is when things really started to turn. I bought a cheapo bike from Target it was like 150$, but at that point I wanted to be sure I would stick with it before I spent more money. I started slow.. I could barely do 5-10 minutes without feeling like death, but I did it 5 days a week.. twice a day. I used to keep an accountability sheet on the wall next to the bike to mark down what I did every day. It helped keep me focused on the end goal and push myself. 5-10 minutes turned to 15-20 minutes, to 30 minutes so on and so forth.

The weight started to fall off even faster.. I upped my calories a bit to adjust and since that point I've never looked back. I was on blood pressure medications for high blood presure. I am no longer on any of those medications. My BMI is actually out of the obese and just overweight now . when I started I was barely on the chart I was so obese. I still have a little bit more that I want to lose, but the progress I have made has went beyond even my wildest dreams.

I went from a 4XL shirt to wearing a size L. From 50 waist paints to 36 waist pants(need a belt).

I still eat pretty much anything I want just in moderation. I still eat pizza, I still eat meat, I still eat french fries.. I just know my limits. I also workout every day of the week now for at least an hour. It gives me some wiggle room on my calories and I also feel so much better after working out its insane. It's like an addiction to working out.. never thought that would happen...

Anyhow some before and after pictures. Before pics were in the 385ish range.. the afters are all between like 217 and 215 or so.

Old Me...

nor2gyib4xtm.jpg
6zjvnvqi1nj9.jpg

New me...

pqbab50nmrlv.jpg
q2v6r2rjm2c2.jpg
mtz69f74eb7c.jpg
ub8og8ixi303.png

Here is the one picture that probably shows the biggest change from before to after taken this past weekend. It is basically exactly one year apart, from 4th of july 2015 to 4th of july 2016.

04djr63gqjtp.png

Replies

• DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person, and so much healthier and happier! Great work, and good luck with the last bit! :)
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! Awesome!
  • maryrice702
    maryrice702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Congrats!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! What a change. You should be so proud of yourself. It's hard sometimes to process a change like yours. Take some time to really appreciate your accomplishment. Great job!!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Just... wow!! Absolutely fabulous transformation! Well done you!
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    What a babe! Nice work. Keep going man!
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're doing great :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Awesome, great job!!
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic job!! You are rockin this thing for sure!!!!
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job!!! :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Wow. Wonderful success!! You did it!!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great. Kudos for getting it done and getting off the meds. That was my main motivation to get off medications. Congrats!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    good job man. don't give up.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!! Great job!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I love seeing posts like this, I hope it inspires other folks to keep at it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!